1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WoW] Bloodlord goes down...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Copzilla, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Here's the dead Bloodlord we killed last night in ZG. He appears as a level ?? to me, so he's waaaaay up there.

Every time he kills someone, he yells out DING! and he grows stronger. Also, he has an effect called "Watching You", which focuses on a caster or support. If he says he's watching you, you have to stop whatever you're doing and stay still, don't move, don't cast. If you move or cast, you draw aggro, he will one-shot you, and ding. He wiped us the first time, a 20 man raid. Interestingly, there are some benign spirits floating around the area that rez you once wiped.

But he went down on the second attempt. Out of the entire ZG raid party, I wound up with 4+ percent of the healing, at about 113,000 points healed, which is pretty damned good, considering I only fought one boss. Everyone else healed the entire fight into the instance to the boss.

The battle lasted probably 8 minutes. Mana regen was crucial. I ran a tactic of starting a major heal on the main tank whether he needed it or not, then escaping out of it if it was about to proc and he didn't need it. More than once, this brought him back from 1/4 to top-off...

2. Sam

Sam Cute and cuddly!

HAHAHAHA I looked it up on Allahkazam. Says he is a level 1 elite.:rofl:

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Wow! THat watching you thing is a nice touch by Blizzie. :)

Congrats...

Now what did he drop?

4. Copzilla

He dropped an epic quest starter item for Priests (this - http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?wquest=8191 which turns into uber enchant), which I rolled and missed, and I think he dropped some blue plate, and leather armors. Several pieces, I think about 5 total items. I wasn't paying too much attention to what he dropped that I couldn't use.

5. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

There are even add-ons that give you fingertip access to which classes can use which primals, bijous, and coins.

True to form, I have been on two successful raids to kill the Bloodlord and the priest item did not drop. :)

By the way, that's the thing I was talking about in game last night. You get the Libram of Focus from Dire Maul, gather the mats, turn that it for an arcanum, and instead of using it you save it as a mat for the ZG Prophetic Aura.

Brian

6. Copzilla

Oh, and for the record, he "watched" me four times last night. It may be random, not sure, but it may be secondary aggro. I do know I was dropping some serious healing bombs on the MT. Probably proc'ed 25 major heals on him.

Most of the time he got hit and I was healing him, it was faster to let the major heal proc than to shut it down and flash heal him. You gotta get that spell started, and just escape out of it to conserve mana if he doesn't need it by the time a few seconds go by.