1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WoW basic questions

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by jimeez, Oct 4, 2005.

1. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Very nice post, Braz. That's how UO used to be in the early days. Lots of people acting out their characters. No mention of the real world (or very little). Lots of folks who just wanted to play the game because it was fun....it was something new. We were all playing just to play. But then it all fell apart when all the l33t asses started polluting the place with their rude game play and inconsiderate actions. They were playing to show off...There were no Shards to go to to get away from it.

I am definitely looking forward to this. I can't wait.

2. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Leon, you lied to me. :vmad: And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

WoW is just as addictive. At least for me it is. Damn you all.... :lol:

3. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

lol, guess I've been lucky. I've not gotten addicted thus far. Perhaps 4+ years of playing Asheron's Call kicked the MMORPG addict out of me.

4. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I've done that both directions, actually. Yesterday I was jamming around Arathi, and watched a night elf rogue totally engaged with 4 mobs. I was just laughing, pointing and farting at him. He cried out for healing, which you can't do anyway from Horde to Alliance. He actually won, and I started clapping for him, laughed and left. But then again, I hate night elves and dwarves. More than humans or gnomes.

And two days ago, I saw one dwarf Warrior one level lower flagged outside Tarren Mills, and I crushed his azz. I walked up and slammed him with shadow magic so fast I had him halfway down before he closed the gap. Then while he was busy trying to flail against my Power Word Shield autobuffed, I smoked him the rest of the distance with my wand and the curses I had put on him. Seriously, the fight lasted about 8 seconds.

Then another time, Gillo and I were in a cave entrance there in Arathi, when a gnome was getting whupped hard by two ogres. I drew one of them off of him, just because when I saw him and farted at him earlier, he started laughing, plus we were standing right next to him, and as soon as they killed him, they were going to mob us. Yes, I know, I saved a gnome's azz. He actually said "SEHKNT" or something like that, which was definitely thanks.

5. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Heh... Yeah, I definitely flirt with the Alliance ladies, however everyone else is fair game for rude gestures, farting, and general insult making. :haha:

6. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Do these farts kill people in the game? Who has the ability to fart? I can't wait to get this thing...so I understand all this crazy talk. You know what you guys sound like to someone who doesn't know anything about the game? Like you're all toyz ;)

7. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Gillochop's do. :)

Brian

8. Biker

9. Copzilla

There are emotions in the game, commands you can do that just antagonize, or tease, whatever. They do no damage. Fart is one of those commands - although it's obviously not an emotion, it's in the "emote" category of commands.

Now because the Alliance is the Alliance and the Horde is the Horde, we cannot communicate back and forth. You can talk to them all day, but all they see is gibberish, and vice versa. But mostly you can fart on them, moon them, make rude gestures, insult them, laugh at them while they're getting killed by a bunch of monsters, and those emotes all work fine.

10. SixofNine

When my undead priestess does the /rude command, she turns her back on the target and smacks her butt with her hand, a la "Kiss it, buddy." :)

Brian

11. Copzilla

The undead guys grab their crotches and pump their hips. The funniest emote on the planet, though, is an orc dancing. They have TOTALLY got some moves!

12. SixofNine

Hammer time!

13. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Wow so the other side can't be understood...not even through a wow translation thingie? LOL This is interesting.

14. Biker

Why should you be able to understand. Do you understand someone from Austria? Same thing in WoW. Horde members know two languages. Humans, Dwarves, Elves, and Gnomes speak their own languages. Which is just fine. The only language Alliance members need to know from me are the points of my swords and daggers. (Unless, of course, it's one of those busty Night Elves. They get another "point". :lol: )

15. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Double :lol:

16. Biker

Especially when Braz is doin' it. His running commentary is hilarious throughout the dance, and when he suddenly stops with the "Ohhhhhhhhhh Shiny!", you're finished and falling out of the chair, laughing your ass off.

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:lol:

He always puts on a good show while waiting for the Zep.

Then he gets out on the bow of the Zep, a-la Titanic, goes into ghostwolf mode and dances like a begging poodle up on his hind legs.

He should start tossing down a hat for people to chuck coins into. :rofl:

18. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

If only I could.... Perhaps I could enslave a gnome...

19. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Yeah this has been tested extensively and commented on by Official folks at Blizzard. The text the other side sees is completly random. You could type the same thing over and over and chances are they would see something completely different on the other side. This is to prevent folks from passing info and such.

Now this is not debilitating however. I once was on a solo boat ride with a dwarf and even though we could not understand each other that did not prevent us from sitting about 2 feet apart from each other and playing a nice game of go fish. I am 99.9999999% sure he knew exactly what we were doing even though it was gibberish. Between emotes and length of text I am convinced not only did he figure out what game we were playing but the little bastard told me he didn't have any threes and two rounds later laid down three of them. Stinkin' Dwarves.:vmad: