1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst State to be a Burglar

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by SixofNine, Jan 3, 2014.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Virginia doesn't have Stand Your Ground or Castle Doctrine laws, but it's an open carry state, and gun purchases per 100,000 population increased by 63% from 2006 to 2011.

Interesting study -- it also probably helps Virginians that neighboring jurisdictions Maryland and D.C. are less sanguine about gun ownership :

2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Here's a link to the story.

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article...e-to-be-a-burglar-x2019&template=fairfaxTimes

I would like to see where Texas falls in that list. I think it will be one of the top ones. Our fines aren't that high but our sentences are, as home burglary is a 1st degree felony, 5-99 years or life. The difference in the two sentences is if the person has priors, they get life and that equates to 20 minimum. Prison population refers to this as the "bitch". Going down for the bitch, 20 long.

3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Oops, I meant to include the link as usual, brain cramp -- thanks for fixing.