1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Cup 2018

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Jun 16, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. Arc

Arc Full Member

For the WC never bet against Brazil or Germany. Both can't win though. The Germans will be right at home playing in Russia. The Brazilians will not.

First pick for a dark horse: Portugal.

3. ethics

Germany just lost to Mexico... :)

4. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

And Switzerland tied Brazil.

5. ethics

You're not allowed to rub anything in unless you've put a horse in the race.

6. SixofNine

Iceland! :D

ethics likes this.
  7. ethics

Ok then!

8. SixofNine

Iceland would be a wonderful fairy tale, but if I had to put up serious money I'd be tempted to put it on Belgium. I feel like I'm watching the English Premier League with these guys - Hazard, Fallaini, Courtois, Vertonghen, Kompany, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Benteke, and more.

9. ethics

Would be a first for them.

10. Arc

Arc Full Member

It is customary in the road to the finals that from the opening games to the finals every team in the tournament will lose at least once. These things are expected in a game where on average the total number of goals scored in WC play is less than three per game and scores of 1-0 are routine. The goals per games would even be lower were it not for the bottom tier teams present to get beat up on by the elite teams.

11. SixofNine

:D

iceland.jpg

jimeez likes this.
  12. ethics

Perfect

13. Arc

Arc Full Member

Hmm, I wonder besides national athletic achievement including soccer, what the rate in Iceland is for, violent crime, drug addiction, problems with immigrants both legal and illegal, poverty, unemployment, homelessness, and so on. Just wondering.

Good luck to the team. Did anyone here see the government organized rally and celebration event held for the team when they qualified for the WC? The MAJORITY of the entire population showed up. Amazing. It was an organized peaceful but highly enthusiastic positive rally of a mass of people.