1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless network situation

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Violet1966, Nov 4, 2004.

1. LissaKay

LissaKay Oh ... Really???

2. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

nope it goes to the same ftp for linksys :( thanks though andy :)

I'm in a live chat for like what seems to be an hour now, and this woman finally got what I need, and is gonna send them to me email. duh. like nice tech support there :crazy:

3. Violet1966

4. LissaKay

They downloaded just fine for me from the techspot download ...

5. LissaKay

Got Gmail?

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Do you have "Use passive FTP" selected in IE advanced options?

Make sure the router is not blocking FTP either.

7. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Was just thinking the same.. too bad we couldn't just "clique-clique" the files either. :(

8. LissaKay

The drivers she needs are sitting right here on my desktop ... I can Gmail them to her or put them up on my web server. It's a 8MB download ... I don't think regular email will handle that.

9. Violet1966

you're joking right? ;) i just asked the router and it didn't answer me. andy...i don't know what to do yet with all that. let me try now :)

10. Violet1966

Thank you Lissa :) If you can pop them on your space for a sec...I will grab them fast. I'm not on my own comp here. Don't want to set up a fileshare thingie and have to get into why that might not be working. F'ing comps :( I want to cry I swear.

11. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What brand/model router..... I can try to find the destructions for it. :)

Ahh.. I see you have a quicker way.

Very good. :)

12. Violet1966

13. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

One or 2 antennaes?

14. Violet1966

15. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Version "B"

Here is the troubleshooting guide..
    http://support.dlink.com/SupportFAQ/default.asp?model=DI-614+_revB

There are a few things to look at as far as possible FTP issues. (lan setup, MTU, FTP ports, etc..)

I know it's a lot to delve into right now, if you get the drivers loaded for the laptop and at least get THAT conected, I'd say you have most of the battle won for tonight. :thumbsup:

16. LissaKay

PM sent with link ... and they are up, went faster than I thought it would. You can go ahead and download

17. Violet1966

thanks andy...lissa got them to me and thank you again Lissa. :love:

I need to take a little break and decide if I want to go to bed yet. LOL

18. Violet1966

ok i got the drivers installed and now the card is showing as active in the software thing it installed. it runs on the taskbar down by the clock. it says missing the association with the ap there in link information. i set it up infrastructure. says wep disabled on the profile information. i have no idea what these things mean or what to even try and do next...but i'm a learnin ;)

open for suggestions as usual and very thankful :) :love:

Do i need router software now installed on laptop...because I have none :(

ssid i left as default...says linksys

19. Violet1966

ok now i'm really screwed. tried to run the wizard on the ip thing on the hard wired comp, for the router and can't access the net on the hard wired machine now. system restore didn't help either. i guess it's settings right in the actual router. i'm so bummed. yeah i should have gone to bed. help. tomorrow though..help. night. :(

20. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

After a long day with kids you should not be trying to do wireless troubleshooting at 1A......

get some rest....