1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Updates, (a contradiction in terms.)

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Arc, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Arc

Arc Full Member

Windows is my secondary OS. I use it as a backup and to keep a little current on it since it is the dominant OS in the world. I'm a one step up from cretin or neophyte on Windows. (Imagine back 2000 I was pretty sharp as consumer user and rated, rightly so, a Tier One Tech Support guy. (Windows is so different now from then and my aging mind plus the passing of years has eroded 90 percent of what I knew most of which is that much relevant today.

It just baffles me how as time passes and Windows improves in many areas it continues its steady sinking updates regimen.

It takes longer and longer to check and find updates. It takes longer and longer to download the updates. It takes excruciating longer to install the updates. Although it is a minority of the time too often they fail to install properly.

Then there is the restart or reboot to complete.

How can Microsoft not be embarrassed and users fed up with this particular issue?