1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Error Message

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Allene, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Allene

Allene Registered User

I tried to look this up, but couldn't get anything. What the heck is this about? See attachment. Ignore the "woman going to the hospital in a taxi" bit. It's just the background text I was reading. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Your computer is senile and can't remember something. :D

OK, on the serious side, what were you running at the time? Has the error persisted after that one time?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  3. Allene

Allene Registered User

You could actually be correct on that one!

The problem went away of its own accord. I was just searching for various topics. It happened whenever I clicked on something on the Internet. It kept on doing it for the rest of the day.

4. Allene

Allene Registered User

Bummer! It's back, but only once so far today. I noticed that I had a lot of windows open when it happened. Again it shows up when I'm clicking on the screen. My laptop will be four years old next spring. Possibly early stages of dementia? ;) I've never seen this error message during the years I've been on a computer at home (1988 to present).

5. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

6. Arc

Arc Full Member

Since 1988? My gosh did you miss the greatest single greatest OS buffoon error message of all time that Microsoft introduced to the world with Windows 95?

upload_2017-10-20_16-35-47.png

Allene likes this.
  7. Allene

Allene Registered User

I started out with DOS, but I definitely used Windows 95 later. I don't remember the above OS message joke. The real ones on DOS were bad enough, especially the first year. That "fatal error" message scared me to death! Also some of the programs I was running on DOS had multiple floppies to load. We have come a long way since then, but I miss the simpler email programs. Today most of them are designed for people who haven't anything better to do all day except organize their mail. :)