1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wildstar MMO

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, May 24, 2014.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Of course. And I laugh like hell, too.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Ok can someone hook me up with the pass?

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lemme jump on my laptop and send ya one.

4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Done.

Evindra RP server on Exile side is where it's at :p

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Can't help but love this inventory management system.

Gathering mats? Goes in your crafting bag.
    Loot a piece of armor/weapon that's trash or replaced a piece of armor/weapon with an upgrade? Salvage it, mats go into crafting bag.
    Loot a decor item? Right click and put it in your housing crate.

This frees you up to only have to visit vendors to sell grey junk, and buy health shots or food and repair if needed and hang onto that blue-or-better rare and sell it on the auction house.

6. ethics

Thanks guys... For some reason the game gets whacked out colors after a few seconds of playing. Not sure why because my machine has the latest and greatest but it happenned in D3 long time ago and never happened in WoW.

7. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

8. ethics

That's the card. Graphic problem is different. Updating everything I can think of.

9. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I only got to play an hour or two this weekend. I'm at level 7 or 8 -- picked up salvaging, and was able to apply my first three AMPs. I received one as a quest reward, too. It was in my bag and I right-clicked on it and it went "somewhere." It sounded like an ability so I guess I should check there.

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Look at CTRL-B to open up your skills, the AMP tab is the next section on the top right. Some of the ones you get in tier 2 require 4 points to activate so be careful. You can of course reset them for a fee.

I made the mistake of selling mine I got a quest rewards since they weren't too clear that it was needed for a skill. Picked them up in the auction house once I learned what I did.

11. SixofNine

Ah, and I saw a beta discussion on Reddit, and it's probably the same exact AMP that my Medic just received questing at level 8:

12. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They have the Jayne hat as a cosmetic!

Big Damned Hero. BigDamnedHero.JPG

SixofNine likes this.
  13. SixofNine

Now you can be in charge of public relations. :D

14. SixofNine

In the immortal words of George Takei, "Oh my!" Raid attunement in Wildstar -- see you in about 2016. :D

wildstar_attunement.jpg

15. ethics

16. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

@ lvl 25 finally and still loving it despite it being called Botstar the last few weeks. I just stockpiled my excess ore and made a decent killing on the ah this am when the prices finally rose above vendor selling minimum. It will be a long haul to pull out the economy but overall the community so far is decent on Evindra reminds me of vanilla Wow days on Cenarion Circle. Still a few bugs here and there but imo far fewer than Rift had at this stage.

ethics likes this.
  17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hit lvl 30 yesterday as I had a few days off and yesterday was my first serious session in weeks (3 levels in one sitting) Game is fleshing out to be quite decent. Did a couple of adventures with others that manages to finish without drama, in fact most of the server population I have encountered has been pretty drama-free.

Found an addon called 'steadyplates' with helps with mob/player nameplates and adds a big-old deathskull (or an icon of your choosing) to those elite mobs so as to easily identify them better and aviod, and gives another indicator as to how many players is recommended to take one on at your level.

Joined a "circle" which is a social group but not a full guild of other ore miners so we can all add each other as neighbors and mine each others home-plots with a 50/50 share, that way if someone mines my plot when I am away I get 50% of their haul mailed to me and vice versa.
    So far by making a circuit of all 40+ members once a day minimum I've raked in enough cash to pay for 2 months CREDD (in-game currency that can be bought/sold for play time) if I chose to do so. It's currently at ~4 Platinum per CREDD.

I also bought a hoverboard mount which makes the skater in me giggle.

Stilgaard.140718.115035.png

ethics likes this.
  18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

But unlike Marty McFly in Back to the Future, it won't hover over water..

19. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just wanted to update, hover oards do ridemover water now. Unlike other mounts which make for cool exploring.
    I also spent $20 and jumped servers to Avatus. A pve server after heeding the siren song of scott kurtz of pvp webcomic fame and now play in his guild called galaxy questers. An awesome bunch of non hardcore players just out to have fun.

More later.

20. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fwiw. News today that the megaserver change is Wednesday for anyone that cares. Details at the Wildstar site. Which means they are on target for drop 3 to Hit in a couple of weeks with huge game changing additions.