1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wildstar MMO

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, May 24, 2014.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I got 3, seven day passes.

Reply here and I can IM you the code.

You need to create an account here enter the code and download the installer.

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Hey Andy, I haven't been on since Sunday, and I forget: is there a lore panel or something to tell me what data cubes, lore books, etc., that I have found?

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Raises hand.. :D

4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sent. I couldn't find IM, I did it as a "conversation" delete it if all cam see it.

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pretty sure it's in the quest log, you can look at the lore section.

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sorry, it's a separate button on the bottom left for the lorebook

7. Biker

Conversations are IMs. ;)

8. Biker

I had to knock down the video settings to low in order to get any sort of decent performance on the notebook. I may bump it back up now that I'm on a planet, but the starting area was just too damned painful at the higher settings.

The challenges are a pain, though, due to other players competing for the same resources. After the third one, I just ignored them as there's no way you're going to complete it in time with all the other players in the area.

So far? I like it, but not enough that I want to spend 60 bucks on it.

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You can shoot mobs that other players have tagged and get credit towards quests/challenges even without begin grouped with them. They have done away with starter zone mob-hogging-whores in that respect. And you don't "need" to complete a zone challenge if you cant or beat yourself up if you don't, they only reward small boxes with some items in them. You're better off continuing on with your next quest for experience.

Other items that spawn on the ground that you need to collect, even on release day I always had no issue finding one spawn on the ground with a dozen other players running around as long as you are within the zone marked with the orange border on the map for the quest, they seem to spawn back quick and be plentiful.
    Clicking a quest will also point you in the direction and give a range of how far you need to go to be in the zone.

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Found this on Twitter, stats you need to focus on for your class/roll

I was doing Engineer tank all wrong apparently, I am going heavy on brutality and ignoring tech :doh-4:

WildStar-Stats.JPG

11. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Housing:

I got to the correct level the other night, got my free spaceship house for pre-ordering and setup my homestead.

The system is actually what every other MMO housing system has cried for....

FREE-FORM placement, and so far I haven't seen any limit as to how much shit you can place. The only limit I see so far is having enough cash to buy stuff, but you also get drops and rewards for housing items.

You also get a free recall skill to get back home, and I learned the hard way not to use it as an escape from a bunch of mobs you wish to avoid, because when you teleport back out of your house,, rather than take you to the housing portal in the capital city you initially used to get there and set up shop, it dumps you back at the exact spot you recalled home from. "Oh, hai guyz!'

Which in a way now that I know about it is super handy because you can always find a safe spot to log off, teleport home, get your rest bonus and hit up the housing bulletin board to gain another bonus next time you log in and teleport back to the fight without having to spend anything on travel to and from the capital city.

Absolutely brilliant mechanic making it well worth owning a house.

There is also a pvp bonus and a group bonus available at the housing bulletin board, but you can have only one active at a time for 24 hours, and swap up if you need to.

12. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

OMG!!! This is awesome!

13. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

14. ethics

15. Biker

Protip - Check the mob you're about to go hitting on first. There are scattered "elites" that WILL kick your ass if you aren't paying attention.

16. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

When you hit 15 you can buy a mount for 10g

I hit 15 and had maybe 2g to my name.

what I found out is of you plan on crafting, gather as many mats as possible but don't actually craft yet, find the commodities vendor in north Thayad and SELL all of the commodities you can in your trade bag, this will get you close to the $$ you need, I'm only about 1g short now and will make that up quick.

Once you have your mount it will be easier to buzz around and farm up mats to then craft.

The trade bag is neat, it's a separate bag that holds any crafting mat you find and does not count towards your inventory, you can also save up mats fro trades you don't do as long as you are able to loot it, and change trades later if you like.

Crafting armor I found that it's not cheap though, you need to buy NPC items for each piece you craft which I think I blew all my cash on trying to get skilled up in a hurry.

You can also runecraft outside of your base tradeskills, and combine rune fragments to then slot into armor.

ethics likes this.
  17. ethics

I haven't seen you so enthused since WoW. :)

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Make sure you have all the nameplate options on, a good clue is the mob that has like 20K health showing on the nameplate mixed in with the ones that have 1k, and their portrait will have a bunch of spikes and an uglier skull on it.

Got bit a few times on this.

You can also run away and they will reset after a good 100-200 feet or so.

19. Biker

I'm stubborn. I stand my ground and see how far down I get it before I croak. :yellowlaugh:

20. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The graveyard heckler must love you