1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wildstar MMO

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, May 24, 2014.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Most epic game trailer ever?

It actually looks pretty good as long as they can deliver everything mentioned and have it look as good as the trailer.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Big IF... almost everything that every MMO since WoW has missed.

3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Well worth reading.

Looks like they're trying to attract, among others, the hard core MMO players who left WoW.

Excerpts:

4. SixofNine

Oooh, support for third-party addons written in Lua.

ethics likes this.
  5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks for that, now I see they're clearly trying to revive the "raid or die" "zomg your gearscore sucks ass" culture, and make everything geared toward needing to be with other players in order to progress past an imaginary line in the sand.. something the trailer I found pretty much fails to mention btw.

Yeah yeah I know... the second M in MMO is "multiplayer"... that doesn't necessarily mean I need to be attached to the ass end of a human centipede of 4+ other players 100% of the time in order to enjoy myself in what limited time I have to play something I am paying for though.

6. ethics

I don't think that one MMO will fit everyone and I think that there's enough people out there that different companies can start their own and get enough support to get it financed and profit. I like to try as many out as I can when they come out. Archage looks fantastic in BETA but it's not for everyone.

7. SixofNine

Another theme that I see being written about in Wildstar is the depth and breadth of content, which means plenty to go around for solo players. But yeah, it does sound like the best of the best gear is reserved for the raiders.

8. ethics

Copz will love that MMO then. :)

9. SixofNine

Well, I'm going to dip my toes in this one. If any of you are planning to do the same, let me know which server. The Exile faction definitely feels more like Horde compared to the Alliance-like Dominion.

wildstar_realms.jpg

10. ethics

WHere's the sign up link? Is this free?

11. SixofNine

Not free, and it's subscription-based after the first month. I'm going to try to get in a decent amount of playing time in that first free month so I can make an informed decision about continuing.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/

12. ethics

Thanks, will check it out.

13. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

14. SixofNine

15. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, im gonna wait this out until Sept anyways when my "fun" budget opens up again. Hopefully that will flesh it out as worth it or not by then.

ethics likes this.
  16. SixofNine

PvP realms are full. I went with the PvE RP server Evindra.

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Interesting review of someone who's Beta'd to lvl 49.. he suggests giving it until at least lvl 20 and the ability to hit dungeons before completely judging..

Damn, this is gonna suck me in... I know it. :p

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Goddamit I have no willpower.

After watching a ton more vids on this, I finally bought in around 5 pm last night, made an Exile faction, Granok race, Engineer/Explorer named Stilgaard ( of course) on the Evindra RP server like Seid did and spend about a half hour downloading/installing and did not put it down until somewhere around midnight, it's that good. I haven't done a session like that in years.

The only thing I am pissed about with this game is I did not find out about it a few weeks back before I bought 3 months worth of WoW subscription and that I was not playing it the last few days I was off work!

The whole time I am playing this I can't help but think "Braz would probably love this game!', It's funny, colorful, tons of action, the UI is simple and easy to use, addons are built in and available to plug in from your options, (havent used any though) once you figure out what does what (you have to train yourself to NOT use other MMO shortcuts like "B" or "CTRL-B" to open bags) the gale seems to flow pretty good.

I knew I was in the right place when I saw another female player named Felicia Night who was designed to look exactly like Felicia Day would if she was one of those Exile long-eared elf things.

The Granoks are voiced like they are a mix between the Hulk and Duke Nukem, and even the NPC's call you cupcake in a sarcastic way when pissed.

I think I got to somewhere around lvl 7 before I logged off last night after getting off the ship eventually, which was a great starting area btw.

I see tons of whining and complaints regarding servers begin full, most of that is the usual opening day lamentations because everyone needs to be on the same server as their buddies, and mostly because there were fewer PvP than PvE servers.

Hopefully this is going to be a fun ride!

ethics likes this.
  19. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Get some!

The only thing missing is a cigar. Granok1.JPG

20. SixofNine

I love how 'V' "vacuums" up loot after you kill mobs. :)