1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Tom Daschle Won't Run for President

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Coot, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

There are three versions of this story (probably a lot more) that I have found...soft pedalled, middle of the road and factual, and the ascerbic. What all three have in common are fairly accurate descriptions of Linda Daschle's remarkably successful lobbying campaigns, along with the fact that those campaigns became a whole lot more lucrative for her after Clinton made her Acting Director of the FAA.

The fact of life for beltway political insiders is that working honorably to substantially undermine airline safety is a worthy profession and being married to the Senate Majority Leader presents no conflicts as long as you disclose everything.

What perhaps speaks most clearly to this is this quote from Stephanie Mencimer:

2. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I heard the story today.

Why there is no outrage about this is beyond me. Talk about slime...putting personal business in spite of the country.

Makes me want to puke!

3. immortal one

immortal one 501st Geronimo

There doesn't seem to be much outrage about anything any more.
    It seems that many people are caring less and less about what goes on around them.