1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why D3 Has Always-On DRM

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by SixofNine, May 17, 2012.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Meh. Blizzard has stated from day one that you'll need to connect to the servers in order to play. As usual, the crying comes from those who failed to read the fine print.

3. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I knew it going in, but it is damn frustrating. Right in the middle of killing the Skeleton King last night and get the good ole "Server Restart in 2 Minutes". Very frustrating.

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Wait till you get to the butcher...

Tip: The health buckets replenish over time, use them wisely.

5. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Yeah, no more hitting potions as fast as you can hit the button. Taking some getting used to the potion cool down.

6. Stonehawk

Stonehawk AKA Jerry

Just killed the Butcher last night and headed to Act II...what a sweet game, been a long time coming.

7. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Jerry, what's your Bliz ID?

8. Stonehawk

Stonehawk AKA Jerry

I believe its Stonehawk#1675....but I will confirm when I get home tonight...got my Wiz up to 31 last night and headed into Act IV....simply breathtaking cinematics

Jerry

9. ethics

Act 4 is done for me as of yesterday. Great story line and fun gameplay. Not sure how enthused I am with rinse, wash, repeat though but hey, it's free, no monthly fees.

10. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Well, if you go outside and do other things besides play D3 all day, it might not get quite so mundane and repetitive. ;)

EDIT: Ok. I take that back. I see you haven't played in 1 day 57 mins.

11. ethics

Ha, yeah. I do enjoy RL more than virtual and while I did have a session of D3, it didn't consume me. Now I will stagger the crap out of it. :)

12. SixofNine

I think it's a good thing to have one game in the arsenal that will let you re-do stuff.

13. SixofNine

seidinove#1171

14. Domh

Domh Full Member

Started a Demon Hunter, played it to getting the crown to enter cathedral lower levels. Fun, but sorta... meh.

Then started a Monk. Same thing. What a freaking TANK the Monk is. Beastly.

Then started a Wizard. Awful until level 9 or so. Fire secondary and doubletap primary while secondary powers back up. Run away. Turn around. Rinse and repeat. Potion! Gahhh potion! Only after getting down in to the cathedral a ways does the wizards power start to open up. I think Ill go through it all with wiz first time.