1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are Russian women so sexy?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Robert Harris, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

Wasn't sure whether this belonged here or in Rick's place, but decided that since this section tends to be pretty bland I might as well spice it up a bit.

Excerpt:

Thursday, Dec. 5, 2002. Page 8

For Love, Money or Oral Sex
    By Andrew McChesney

After covering the formalities of politics and bureaucracy, the conversation over lunch with a Turkish businessman turned to women.

"Russian women are the most beautiful in the world," he declared. "And they are so open-minded. Unlike American women, oral sex for them is as natural as any other sex act."

The Turk, who had dated regularly for years in Moscow, then began reminiscing about one particularly gorgeous woman.

A few days later, I mentioned the conversation to my friend Kolya, who also dated regularly during and after his failed marriage.

"Russian women aren't emancipated like in the West," he said. "They still want to do everything possible to please men."

Tanya had a different take. "Russian women, generally speaking, aren't any different from any other women in any other country," said Tanya, herself the survivor of two marriages to Russian men.

Look at the men involved, she said. "The wealth of many foreigners is beyond a Russian woman's wildest dreams. She may not be willing to do everything in bed with a Russian man, but how can she refuse a foreigner who might change her life? If he doesn't make her rich, he might at least get her out of Russia."

More:
    http://www.moscowtimes.ru/stories/2002/12/05/007.html

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Time to go back for some vacation and R&R. ;)

3. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Hmm...I've always wanted to see Russian... ;)

SM

4. Domh

Domh Full Member

I came so damn close to having a DROP DEAD GORGEOUS woman and her daughter come over to be with me from the Ukraine... but I just couldnt go through with it.

God what a stunner she was. Smart, sweet and mind bending lovely.

*sigh*

alas...

5. ethics

You are welcome to come with me in the summer, if you wish.

6. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Well damn, if the reason these woman want Americans is because of our wealth we could probably go to Ethiopia or Cambodia and really make out. Just pin a $100 bill to your lapel and unzip the zipper and be sure you are well braced.

7. Sierra Mike

What, and skip Beijing? :)

SM

8. ethics

It isn't.

Part of the reason is, of course, wealth, but a bigger point is the culture.

Russian men (and Perry will probably hunt me down and shoot me) are horrible to their women. Cheating on the wife is the rule, not the exception to, physical and mental abuse is much more prevalent in the Russian culture. And we all know what the alcohol consumption is in Russia.

Compared to American average man, the Russian average man is not in the race for these women.

9. Robert Harris

Afraid you are right, Leon. Sad.

I know an American woman who lived in Russia for several years while a graduate student -- she became a professor of Slavic languages somewhere. While there she married a Russian man. When I mentioned this to my wife while we were sitting in a Moscow restaurant her reaction was, "An American woman married a Russian man? Is she crazy." When she returned to the US with her husband he dumped her once he bot his green card.

Also sad is the amount of truth in the news story -- that many Russian women will do anything to get out of Russia. Not good for the future of a country when its young people want to leave, and so many do.
    On a less serious note. (Hope this does not get me in trouble.)

Interesting that none of the lovely ladies in the forum have commented on this thread. Think the title makes them feel insecure? :)

10. Aria

Aria All shall love me&despair

It is a little depressing. American men are going after Russian women and Asian women when there are plenty of good single American women around.

11. ethics

I am sure. Just not in NYC.

12. Robert Harris

True, Aria, but the American women are spoiled. At least that is one reason often given by the men seeking Russian and Asian brides. And the women are very happy to get to America, and are supposed to be very grateful.

The view that some of the men doing this shopping have that the Russian (and other Eastern European) women will be subservient, obedient wives is, I think, something of a delusion. Having married a Russian woman myself, though, after having been married to two American women, I can tell you that the Russian women become Americanized pretty quickly, and become just as spoiled as the American women they see. :)

What is really depressing is that there are many agencies that specialize in introducing American (and I assume European) men to Russian, Ukranian, Bulgarian, etc. women. I think the women pay a fee to be listed, provide bio information and photos that then go on a web site. A man can browse, pick and choose, etc. at home, enter into corresspondence with selected ones, etc. At some point the man may take a trip to Russia to interview/spend some time with the selected cattle -- oops, I mean woman -- including bed time. No obligation. I have read stories of men arranging to see several of them on one trip, moving from bed to bed, then coming home alone.

Women go to these lengths because they are desperate. Russian husbands are not highly desired -- they do not make much money, if any, and are reported to be lousy husbands. And there is not a lot of faith in better times ahead for the country. I have no idea how many succeed through these agencies, but I suspect a small proportion. I only know one woman who listed herself with such a place and she had e-mail corresondence with a few American men but no luck. She wound up immigrating to Germany to get out of Russia.

Some of the women listing themselves are really very lovely and bios indicate that many are quite well educated. Most speak at least some English, many speak other languages as well.

For a look at how these agencies operate, and to see some photos, see:

http://www.arussianwoman.com/

http://www.5starintroductions.com/

http://www.site2date.com/

These are just a few that turned up from a quick search.

Yes -- it is depressing.

13. Sierra Mike

A lot of men I know who troll for foreign women always have misconceptions about what they're going to get. The Hollywood stereotypes are, I'm happy to say, wrong.

Most certainly as far as Asian women go. They can be real dragons, and love to fight as much as any other woman, if pushed too hard, dismissed, or taken for granted. American men are as guilty of this as any other, but while in Asia, I've found Euros to be just as bad, and in many instances, worse. :) I guess some folks spend too much time watching reruns of Shogun.

SM

14. Robert Harris

Damn. I have been thinking that next time I might try an Asian. Sounds like I will be no better off than with the others.

15. Sierra Mike

Well, if it helps, stay away from these three:

Japanese
    Shanghainese
    Taiwanese

Thai women are probably the closest fit to the stereotype that I am aware of, but since all sorts of STDs are rampant in that nation, I would definitely wear a space suit if I ever decided to try one out.

SM

16. jamming

jamming Banned

Sorry TO: Btdude and Rredline

But to me all women are sexy regardless of origin for different reasons. Russian women are sexy for their pouty lips and that they may know how badly that they can be treated, that they want to be treated well and so treat others well. Yes their are issues of security and citizenship in a land of opportunity, but most want to be American's and not just transplanted Russians.

17. Perry Stroika

Perry Stroika Member

The best women in the world!!!

Pouty lips is not all that's great about them and yes Leon men need to treat the ladies better.

18. Robert Harris

Damn. That's what my wife keeps telling me.

19. Allene

Allene Registered User

Bob,

I didn't see this thread until today. When I clicked on the link it took me to the front page of today's issue. Is that news item still available?

As for Russian women, when I was there in 1993, I thought they were strikingly beautiful--very feminine, but also very strong willed.

Allene

20. Allene

Allene Registered User

I found the link down at the bottom of the page. However, it won't let me read it without first subscribing to the newspaper. Darn and drat!

AG