1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why, Apple?

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by SixofNine, Jan 18, 2018.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

2. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Amazonian woman in a petite package!

I'm very tempted to get the app. Fortunately my iPad has plenty of memory and another app is nothing. Knowing the truth about how my ISP is handling my data is vital.

The Internet in the 21st century is like the right to freedom of assembly when this country was founded. I think we are nearing the time when we need another Constitutional amendment guaranteeing free speech and freedom of assembly on the Internet.

This type of speech should be protected from corporate and government meddling.

3. Susan Addams

Six, I installed the app on my iPad 4 mini and it appears to be hung on the first test (YouTube). Can you describe the typical behavior of this app? Thanks.

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

5. Biker

Well, the tests are pretty much finished and I'm getting a shit ton of errors. Looks like the publicity has garnered more attention than what they bargained for and their servers are barfing all over themselves. I'll run another test tonight after I get home from work (after midnight). Perhaps things will have settled down a bit.

6. Susan Addams

My iPad just hangs, no results at all. It's the WiFi only model connected to my 100 Mpbs via my router.

7. Biker

Working as designed. It's not meant to test your Internet provider. It's designed to test Telco's and whether they're throttling or not. The app will not work on WiFi (this is explained when you install the app).

8. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Good to hear that's available. I'll give it a shot after the hoopla dies down.

9. Susan Addams

I guess I blew past that. Would it help if I connect my laptop to my cell's hotspot and run it that way?

10. Biker

Doubtful. The app is designed to determine whether or not it's using WiFi or your device's data connection with the cell provider. Install the app on your cell phone and test your cell provider (which is what the app was designed for).

11. Susan Addams