1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whoa! I didn't know what I was missing

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Techie2000, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Went out today to spend my giftmas money. Got an Audigy 2 card ($100, not sure if its a price mistake or what BestBuy.com says $130) and some Altec Lansing 260 speakers. Spent a lot of time setting it up. I can only say wow! I will have a full review tommorrow...:)

2. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

If the Audigy 2 is anything like the first audigy, then you're in for a treat :)

I felt like I had just gotten back my hearing the first time I played an mp3 on my new (back then) Audigy - I had finally upgraded when my 8 bit sound card finally died. It was like I discovered music all over again, the sound was excellent. Now, I just need better speakers....

3. Scott

Scott Some Assembly Required

get the klipsch promedia 5.1's, Misu. they're UN-F**KING-BELIEVABLY loud and clear. 500 watts total power (i think---might be a little more).i had them on my audigy on my other system. i have to put the card in my new system though........

4. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Nothing beats Klipsch for PC audio and I agree with Scott that they are a worthwhile investment.

I just installed an audigy card on an HP last week...never worked with one. I have yet to find a graphic equalizer function :( Only bass and treble controls :(

Techie...please let me know if you find such a function.

Thanks !

5. Techie2000

The surround mixer (right click the icon in the systray and choose surround mixer) is what I use to change volume. Then there is the speaker calibration thing to balance the volume for each speaker, however I think they leave graphic equilizer up to whatever program your using...

6. Scott

Scott Some Assembly Required

did you check under "surround control" ? or something like that.......

right click on the icon on your taskbar. it's somewhere in there.

7. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

Except the Z680's....louder they go up...the cleaner they get. I love these..thanks Santa

HUH...what'd ya say...hehehehe (ears still ringin)

8. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

MrRT,

Link PLEASE?

9. Techie2000

<A HREF="http://www.logitech.com/">Logitech</A> makes any speakers with a Z-xxx in them...