1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who killed GE?

Discussion in 'Economy' started by ethics, Jul 8, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Continuing the topic of work in the US, we have the following:

Who Killed the GE Model?

I can't think of this topic without thinking of Jack Welch.

Business schools. GE, and Jack Welch in particular, were heroes of business schools. But the role of business schools in the demise of the GE model cuts both ways. If you think business schools today teach the wrong things, then you might blame GE’s professional management system itself for leading the company astray. On the other hand, if you think that business schools generally teach the right things, then that, too, can be seen as a cause of GE’s demise.
    On a separate note:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...f-the-developed-world/?utm_term=.b742754d4ae4

Again, what people constantly and idiotically miss every time they compare Europe(or any country) and US is culture. We don't have the pride in our country the way others do in theirs. Everything comes from that.

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I know why GE failed. They let me go in 2002 and moved IT support to India. It began at that moment.

Allene, ethics, Arc and 1 other person like this.
  3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

This is probably a big contributor:

4. Arc

Arc Full Member

It was in 2002 when top corporate heads learned of your hiring for IT support that they knew quality IT support in the US was all washed up. Hence the move to India.

(The devil made me post this!)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    Allene and ethics like this.