1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which style do you like best:

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Biker, Jun 2, 2010.

?

If you had to choose just one style it would be:

1. The forum default style

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Esquire

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Grey Lustrous

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Blue

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Medevil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Paradox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Reborn

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. IP Duo

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  9. Glass

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Allene

Allene Registered User

Glass is too bright for me. I still like the default best.

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

http://www.globalaffairs.org/forum/index.php/topic/62283-ihatecoding/

3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Yeah, I settled on that one, too.

4. Advocat

Advocat Viral Memes a Speciality Staff Member

Default, Glass, IPDuo. I find a lack of contrast between text and background colours in most others.

Medieval would be nice for a gaming or steampunk site.... here, not so much. [​IMG]

5. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I like reborn.
    Edit: Wait..when I came out of here and went to the board it was horrible, lol. Don't know if that is because it's not fully set up yet or what but all the thread titles were in white and I couldn't read it. So.... I'll leave it all up to you guys. Just don't do something really dark and dingy looking PLEASE :)

6. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Second warning to folks voting for Reborn: Unless I'm blind and am missing it, the Reborn style lacks the "View New Content" link.

Attached Files:

7. Biker

As I stated earlier, some of these styles aren't designed specifically for this version of IP.Board. Some features won't work. This is just to get a feel for what the membership prefers as far as general colors and style. Once we get a good consensus on what's preferred, we'll find a good professionally produced style for the site.

8. Biker

I just learned a way to install multiple styles and still only have to make one change and allow those changes to filter downward through the other styles. Won't work with what I've installed right now, but once there are more designs out for 3.1, we won't be stuck with just one design. So if you have your heart set on one particular style, chances are, I may just leave it in there once I have the updated versions. :)

9. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

10. Biker

Is anyone using "Blue"? If not, I'm yanking it out.

Also working on getting the links put into Reborn, and I'll get the forum times fixed on that as well. That style is weird in how it was coded, so it'll take a bit more time to figure out where I can put the new topic links. :)

Duo is fixed, so we may end up keeping that one. :)

11. Biker

Reborn went bye-bye. It needs a total rewrite for the 3.1.x versions. If the author updates it for the current versions of the software, I'll reinstall it.

12. Biker

Just installed another one. Not sure I like it, but will leave it in there for now. Style is called GF v1.0

13. Allene

Allene Registered User

I just took a look at it. I've seen worse, but it's not as nice as the current style. The green on GF is harder on my eyes than the blue.

14. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Is now unfixed? Or was it not kept/reloaded after the upgrade?

Was my favorite, since it was not too bright on the eyes like the default here now is.

I've always had serious issues with BRIGHT WHITE web forum backgrounds, and the best thing I've ever seen that was great on my eyes is the style like the SETI forum uses "over there".

15. Biker

OK. There's a sticky at the top of this forum asking about the newest styles and there was a total of 6 votes, none of which were applied to Duo. So I removed it. 

16. Allene

Allene Registered User

What you have now is fine. I can focus on the contents of the posts without being distracted by the background colors. Thanks for even caring about all this!

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jesus, another poll? No wonder I missed it.

The one you put in THIS thread it had 5 votes, and came in 2nd place behind the default.

poll.JPG

18. Arc

Arc Full Member

Ditto.