1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SWTOR] Which is FUN class?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by ethics, Dec 29, 2015.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I usually do two things, at least two. One is to have the best DPS'er (Sith Maur) and another is just a fun to play. SO which is the fun class in this game?

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's a tough one to answer in this game.

I'm equally having fun on a Trooper, and a Scoundrel Rebel side, and I'm also delving back into the Agent class on Empire because it supposedly has THE best storyline in the game... so far it's not disappointing.

My Sith is also a ton of laughs the way I play him too. Total Darkside (100 points from lvl V Dark) but he's always out for a laugh or a flirt.

3. ethics

Thanks!

Apparently according to this forum poll the most fun IS the most DPS... LOL

But I ain't buying it.

It's interesting that SWTOR has the best of 3 worlds in one game.
    1. Plots - I can't believe just how good it is.
    2. The regular levels -- although I will be honest. This is the first time I am not looking at the levels. I am just following the story line.
    3. The space battles? I mean, alone, that's a game in itself.

4. ethics

Wow the poll didn't render. It's here:
    Code:
    http://strawpoll.me/5949254/r

5. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, screw the leveling. I've enjoyed the hell out of the story line so far.

ethics likes this.
  6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just to circle back, I dove in head first on my Trooper (Steelgaard on Ebon Hawk) like a month ago exclusively, and just finished up his Class quest/Chapt 3 the other day.

What a ride, you got to command a whole invasion practically to finish up the class quest, choosing which detachment will attach which part and apparently I chose to handle the hardest choice myself which made it more fun.

What scares me now is I like im so much I won't try another class at this point.

I finished all the kill achievements on all Trooper companions (these give you legacy-wide character boosts like Data Cubes do) but am sticking with Forex the Robby-Robot companion, he's a hoot and I found spoilers how to get him back asap after the whole KOTFE disaster where you lose your companions.

Also the whole romance thing with the female ex-empire companion is just weird, she's more hot/cold than my ex wife.
    My Sith Assassin didn't seem to have that option with a companion, unless I chose unwisely at one point.

The saddest thing though in the story is someone I completely forgot about years ago on Coruscant when I started this guy in Beta, a female Sgt Jaxo, apparently we had a thing(I must have been drunk that night) , and she summoned me back to Coruscant with a quest around lvl 36, then when I went to her apt she wanted to get all gaga eyes with me, when I chose Light-Side choice that I was "taken" she got all hissy then kicked me out, made it even more difficult later on when I had to choose light-side to sacrifice her to save hundreds of captured soldiers on a station.

I'm trying to wrap up all planet based quests and explore before pulling the switch to KOTFE content on him so it may be a few more weeks I'm still slugging through Ilum which is set after Chapt 3 but before Shadows of Revan content.

Found also the side content of Microbinocular quests where you explore and scout out with a pair of binos that takes you to a bunch of planets as well.

Game still high on the fun meter which is good I guess.

7. ethics

Trooper, eh? I may try that but if I remember correctly, was not that great on DPS -- at least with comparing it with my sniper.

8. ethics

Wait, Troopers are on the Republic, no? What was the class tree for you?

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yes, they are Republic, I went Commando/ Gunnery tree.. (Carries around the BFG's which is only dwarfed by the size of his balls)

"Dps" is not much of a problem, I can stand there (with a companion always in medic mode, since the companion change it doesn't matter which one anymore as long as they are heals dedicated) and barely ever get down below 50% health unless it's an ultra-boss with tons of interrupts/force chokes.

Star Wars: The Old Republic | HOLONET

Start off major attacks of 3+ mobs with a plasma grenade, another timed grenade, artillery barrage and wipe up the rest with various other ranged attacks or just lay down the full-auto smackdown to take out several at once.
    He does a lot of splodey-based skills and stuns too and some limited heals as well, but rarely ever need them solo.

ethics likes this.
  10. ethics

Thanks. Will give it a go.

11. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I jumped on my Sith Assassin last night for the first time in weeks for any length of time to take on Chapter X and get Firebrand recruited into my alliance (The Agent's first companion, Kaylo) , finished it up, and then did the alert mission to recruit Blizz, the Jawa Bounty Hunter,(he's a hoot) but felt my Sith was extra-squishy and not really making any connection when attacking mobs as compared to my Trooper.

Going to be back my Tropper for a while to get him wrapped up and transition over to KoTFE content.

ethics likes this.
  12. ethics

Hit 27 on my trooper. Good story line so far.

13. Biker

Some of the one liners in the Trooper story line are freaking priceless.

14. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I played mine up to the end of Chapt 3 as the straight-edge no joking, salute-the-flag character, always picking light-side choices, after Chapt 3, I still go strictly Light-side to get the Lvl V achievement but now choose the sarcastic/funny choices whenever presented with such and he is a real riot.
    I can't wait to find out what happens with his "wife/companion" when she finds out he's a flirting horndog on every planet he visits.

15. Biker

OK. After running several toons (Sith, Jedi, etc.), I have to say that the Agent story line has been the most enjoyable. It has more twists and turns than a road in the Alps. You don't know what's going to happen from one planet to the next. And while there's no way they'd kill a toon off as part of the story line, you can't help get the feeling that your days are very numbered with some of these plots.

16. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm currently on my Agent as well on Nar Shadda just wrapping up.

After hitting the wall on my Sith Assassin and Trooper (i.e. getting to your sooper-secrit Bond- Villain lair on Odessen and nothing left to do but jump on the Heroic Hamster-wheel) I started him back up (I created him years ago).

I'm playing him as a completely for-profit attitude, whoever has the most coins will get my attention, he's already doublecrossed his way well into the mid 20's.

Having a sugar-daddy bankroll to buy decent gear mods and a full collection of adaptive mod-accepting Agent armor collected from stronghold boxes as well has made him a force to be reckoned with.

I really like how on some planets/story arcs his accent changes, although this is the first toon I have found that I come across specific quest-giving NPC's and there is no audible dialog only text and silent mouth movements.

If you are VERY far along on the Agent questline, I do know that the current KOTFE Chapt X completion is completely bugged for Agents, with much screaming in the forums about the lack of attention it is getting to resolve compared to other class-breaking bugs in the past.

17. Biker

Furthest I've gone so far is Chapter 6 on the Sith Assassin. I have a few others that are waiting to be run through the Battle for Illum flashpoint. I hate that one so bad that I'd rather roll a new toon and level up than go through that ungodly nightmare.

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The only flashpoints you *need* in order to progress through all chapters are the storyline based ones that can be easily handled in solo mode with a companion and they also give you a tactical droid assistant as well.

I ran 2 toons through everything required to get all the way to Chapt X in KOTFE, the only time I had an issue was at the end of that where you are forced to run +2 Heroics now. I can get all the way to the final phase with my lvl 30 heals Companion and end up splat every time.

19. Biker

Apparently this one was changed with the recent updates which makes it a royal pain in the hind end to solo, especially if you're a ranged DPS and not "up close and personal" melee.

I'm not a huge fan of these flashpoints to begin with as they take forever and a day to do solo mode. I don't mind a quick and dirty run, but man, that one is worse than the Directive 7 flashpoint (which I refuse to do as well).

20. Biker

I'm going to have to roll another Agent and select different responses to see how the story line pans out. Not going to give any spoilers here, but man, the twists and turns in the class story line are awesome!

I have a sneaky hunch that it won't matter what's selected as far as how the ending goes for chapter 3, and if that's the case, the devs missed a huge chance in creating an awesome "zinger" and plot line.