1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where the hell do these people come from?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by -Ken, Dec 14, 2002.

1. -Ken

-Ken Guest

This is about as heinous as it gets.

These are our best and brightest?
    Where did they come up with this brilliant scheme?
    You have to wonder how bright the kids the university passed on were.

Three ruined lives and a victim who will never be the same.
    Something is very, very wrong. I'd love to hear some solutions.
    I have no doubt these kids knew what they were doing was wrong.
    Apparently, the deterrent of jail time didn't mean anything at all to them.

2. jamming

jamming Banned

Rapist should loose that appendage, if it is proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Then maybe they will think about consequences.

3. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Consequences? Consequences were the furthest from what passed for their minds.

Herd instinct took over with the tragic results.

I am not even sorry that I feel nothing for their fate.

Their parents might be another story as I do not know those circumstances. I cannot imagine parents who would raise children with morals so defective.

4. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Where do they come from? The same city my plant is in :( In the non-industrial portions of Carson, nearly every house has barred windows and doors. It's a comparatively small city where the residents are afraid to venture out onto their front lawns at night and just driving around after dark is pretty eerie. It's a city that just two weeks ago had a driveby shooting at the middle school. It's just south of Compton, with an exhorbidant crime rate, rampant gang activity and a substantial murder rate. In short, it's the kind of town no one would by choice live in.

Working there, I've seen quite a bit. We find bullets on our roofs and occasionally a bullet hits a vehicle in one of the parking lots.

The population of Carson is diverse...segregated, but diverse. Parts of town are hispanic, other parts are Asian and Pacific Islanders, with the remainder being African American.

The current and previous mayors are under indictment as are a number of the City Council. The prior mayor for running an immigration scam and the current mayor and city council for soliciting and accepting bribes for trash contracts.

Just like every other part of LA, it wasn't always like this.

5. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

This is what happens when small injustices are ignored and left un-abated.

I subscribe to the broken window theory. If one does not fix it immediately, it encourages another broken window. Soon the building becomes riddled. Then the next building and ad naseum.
    Once it reaches a certain point the momentum carries it to all aspects of life.

There is a fine line between tolerance and rightful action.

This is an important lesson to learn. If the action can be stopped at an initial stage, very little effort is needed. When out of control, a great deal of effort is needed.

It reminds me of that MIDAS Muffler commercial...

Pay me now...or pay me later.

6. Pyrion

Pyrion Liquid Metal Nanomorph

This is what happens when police funding is cut to satisfy the minorities.

7. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

What the Cootster says is true...I would add that the Los Angeles area seems to be seething with violence under the surface, which is something that kinda creeps me out.

I almost had my ass kicked in Yonkers, NY over a stop sign incident--some punk PR kid ran a stop sign, I bitched about, and he stopped his car and jumped out, threatening to beat the shit outta me; alas, exposing my P220 ended it pretty quickly (just the butt, boys, I don't point a weapon at someone unless I want them to be dead). I couldn't get away with that in LA. Not only am I outgunned, the punks travel in packs.

SM

8. dainbramage

dainbramage Land Of The Lost

Rape is a terrible crime, whether it be done to children or to an adult (male or female).
    But when it comes down to a he-said/she-said crime, then rape will continue to be on the low point of any agenda.

9. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

If it can be proven beyong the shadow of a doubt that these three did this, I would be first in line to purchase front row tickets to their executions.

Rape and murder are second only to any crime committed against a child, and I have no pity on thier souls.