1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are you?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Steve, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Not geographically.

Emotionally, spiritually, career-wise....

Are you satisfied with where you are? Happy, perhaps? Has life dealt a poor hand of cards? Did you ever think you'd be at the point you are, now? Did you have plan, early in your life, that you've followed to get where you are now?

On a relative scale of 1 to 10, where you decide how low 1 goes and how high 10 goes, where do you stand?

I'd place myself at 8, 9 on good days.

2. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

About a 9 or 10 most days.

3. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Since I am two weeks into unemployment I would rather not dwell on this question. Next! :)

4. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

Displeased with the world, but not my place in it. Accepting that change is the only thing you can count on happening. Knowing I could divest my self of all that I have acquired and knowing I have the ability to adapt to any given environment, with no plan, only open to opportunity as it presents it's self. Faith that if I seek hard enough, I will find what I need and faith that life will be interesting, even at my expense, makes for a good spiritual outlook.

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Well said, Fritz. :)

6. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I'm still above room temperature, so things can't be that bad.

SM

7. jamming

jamming Banned

Steve, either that or some left your body on top of the radiator ;)

8. ethics

In order for you to answer this honestly, you must put it in the context of comparing it to others.

Where am I in comparison to others? I'd say 9-10. I am not rich, yet I am not poor. I am very fortunate to live in America, with all its warts and bumps. I am healthy, I am loved, I have a good career.

I have my eyesight which enables me to see good and bad, and read books. I have my hearing, which gives me the option of hearing pleasure in others, music, and complaints. I have my sense of touch, which gives me the sense to feel what others are feeling, physically, and mentally.

9. FrankF

FrankF #55170-054

Emotionally, spritually, and career-wise I put myself at about a 8 or 9.
    Financially, I wish I was doing better so I'll say 7 or so. The plan was for my wife and I to both work, pay off the house in 15 years, put four kids through college, retire at 55-60 and live happily ever after. An unplanned auto accident screwed that up.

10. ethics

Sorry to hear about this even now after I know all of the details. How is she, by the way?

11. jamming

jamming Banned

Enjoy what you have at the moment, remember your past but don't live in it, and plan for the future but don't live only for it. Before I was injured both in the body and mind, I did not appreciate what I had then. Don't let it be to late before you appreciate the people and things in your life.

Ethics, if you want to improve your relationship with your better-half then do so, don't be the UN in this matter and just let it fester with half measures. If you want to give-up on it, well don't. A relationship can always be broken later, but once broken it takes a miracle to put it back together. Do not only your best at it, do it at 200%. Then if it doesn't come together, then you know you did the most that could be done. It is not always about being happy, it is mostly about being able to look yourself in the mirror, your wife and children in the eye. Only you can decide when it is enough, but just allowing it to go quietly without raging against the oncoming storm......I can not even understand that.

As to the rating that the others of you have done, I won't do it for my life, I try to get by one day at a time. I am no longer afraid of my death but of being alone and unloved, I don't make friends easily as I hold my friends to a high standard, sometimes I admit it is to high. Maybe someday I will find what I am seeking, but remember what you had that one day long ago when you thought that idea to get married was a good one.

12. ethics

Sound advice, Jim. I am trying though, really trying. We had some good moments since three weeks ago, and she is trying as well. As long as we both ARE trying, we will be ok, I think.

13. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

I've learned a lot about people here tonight that I didn't expect to learn. Things I would never ask about but would always be willing to lend a sympathetic ear to if it was needed. Just a few examples are, in another thread, John's tragic loss of one of his sons to Aids and Jim's accident which he chose not to elaborate on and Frank's wife's car accident. We all have some rough things happen to us in our lives although it is undoubtedly a fact some suffer more than others.
    Personally I have to rate things at 8 or so. I would probably be perceived as Mr Average but I hate that tag and never intended to be seen that way. What would it take to increase the rating to a 10. I hate to say it but I'd like to see if a few million $ can or can't buy a few more rating points.