1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did we start?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by cdw, Jan 19, 2003.

1. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I was wondering when did this place start? I know it was at a different address...

2. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

1999, I think?

SM

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Globalaffairs? 1999 for the address, 2000 for the new software. And we really started off the CIS about 1996? Maybe before.

4. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

Thanks... I was just wondering because under my name it says veteran member... I was looking to see just how veteran I was. :)
    I remember that I came here from one of the compuserve forums.
    I forget who it was that had the link on their post, but being the nosey little woman I am, I checked out the link and never left.
    Even tho it was a lot more intense than it is now I stuck it out thinking I might learn something..... I did, although I still don't remember which finger nail grows faster than the others, lol.

This place has really grown and expanded. Such a wide range of topics under one roof.... sorta like a super-store of forums :)

Great job, great people. Thanks again to all of you behind the scenes people. Besides.... where else can I go and win on football? :thumbsup:

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

LOL Cyd.

Thank you for the compliment but you are just as much part of the forum as others. You certainly add a lot of taste and spice. :)

6. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Yeah, but back in CI$, the major "global crisis" was Andrew Stone!

SM