1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's not working right?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Biker, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

First of all, this isn't vB. And while this software does have a "Watch Topic" option, I don't know if there are any theoretical limits on how many topics can or can't be watched. 

Second, this wasn't a "clean" installation of the software, but a conversion. Not all conversions go as planned, and while this conversion did go fairly smoothly, there were a few minor hiccups that needed working. 

Third, as part of the troubleshooting steps, it's not an unreasonable request to ask to clear all watch options, and start from scratch to see if the behavior persists or clears up. As I stated earlier, there really isn't a reason to watch every single topic you post in as the search engine that's installed is light years ahead of anything we've used in the past. And you did state that all topics were listed in your UserCP, but not listed in the recent topics block in the sidebar. Since this is working fine on my end with the test account, I have to suspect that there is a limit to the number of posts that can be tracked and simultaneously displayed in the sidebar, which would not surprise me in the least. Especially with the trend by the developers of the software to keep queries at a minimum for optimum forum performance. 

2. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I don't know how, what, who, why, when, or where; but this appears to be working again. :huh:

3. Biker

Tapatalk is installed again. For those of you that are using the app, please test again and let me know if the issues have been fixed. 

4. Biker

Most likely because I turned off the option on your account and reset it again. 

5. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Well many thanks to you if that was the fix. It's made browsing GA much easier for me.

6. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Mine still says "server plugin is out of date".

7. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Mine's working here. There's been a few updates recently. Maybe that will fix it.

EDIT: As you were! I've logged onto GA via Tapatalk which is further than I'd been getting previously but still get that "Deactivated" message when trying to access the individual forums.

8. Biker

What URL are you using to access via Tapatalk? I reinstalled everything from scratch this morning, including setting up the forum on the Tapatalk servers. Go directly to http://www.globalaffairs.org/forum

9. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

The selection of tabs in Tapa once I've selected GA are Latest, Forum, PM and More. Selecting Latest gets me in and I can read the posts. Select any of the other tabs and it's no go.

Not sure how to determine the URL as I select Tapa from a list of apps and it takes me there.

10. Biker

Try it again please. I just did some things under the hood that may fix the issue. 

11. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

No change to Tapa, but a big change in appearance to GA on the PC??

12. Biker

Looks OK to me. LOL

Ahhh. I see. Two of the skins didn't update properly. I'll see what I can do. Forum default and GF are working properly. 

13. Biker

Had to remove Gray Lustrous and Clean Cut due to changes in the latest forum update. As soon as Clean Cut 3.12 is released, I'll get it installed. Gray Lustrous is most likely gone for good unless the author updates for the latest version of the software. 

14. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Tapa still partially working. Better than it was but "Deactivated" still showing on most choices other than when I select the "Latest" tab.

With skins for GA.....not a big deal. I'll choose another skin.

15. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I deleted my "account" and re-added GA. There is no option that I can find to access the boards via a specific URL. You search for the forum you want and it sets up the account for you.

I am now able to access topics directly via the "Latest" function; no more plugin error. However, I cannot browse the forums.

When I go to browse any of the forums I get the following when they're trying to load: "Network Error - Your account may have pending actions that require a standard web browser to perform. Otherwise please contact your forum administrator...."

Either way, Tom, the site works great via a mobile web browser using the standard mobile format. I don't know if I would use Tapatalk anymore even if you can fix this.

16. Biker

OK. One more time please. :)

17. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Still getting the Network Error.

18. Biker

What phone are you using, and is it the latest Tapatalk client? 

19. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

iPhone 3G. Tapatalk V1.8.3