1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's not working right?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Biker, Jun 1, 2010.

1. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I don't think the "Watched Content" is working either. I've got it set to "Watch every topic I reply to"...yet there is nothing in my Watched Content list.

Attached Files:

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Try clicking the Topic tab. Default is forum watch list.

3. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

That works, but no new topics are there. Only old ones pre-IPB.

4. Biker

Are they showing in your profile? 

5. Biker

I just added this thread to my watched topics and it shows in the sidebar panel. You have to click the Topic tab, and toggle topic with no new.

6. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Nope. Doesn't work. This topic is marked as being watched. But it does not show up in the side bar on my profile regardless of which way I have the Topic tab toggled.

7. Biker

Are you sure? Oldest topics are listed first, newest topics are at the end of the list. 

Edit -- I just tested with my Test account and it's working perfectly. 

8. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Definitely not. Unless I am completely missing something. The only items showing up on this list are old posts...top to bottom. Nothing new.

Attached Files:

9. Biker

When you click the "Watch Topic" button, what are you selecting for options?

10. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

See first attachment above. "No notification"

11. Biker

That's not the screen you should see when you select "Watch Topic". You'll get an option screen that allows you to select an option, and then save it. 

12. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I don't select "Watch Topic" on a per topic basis...including this topic. So I rarely ever used the "Watch This Topic" button at the top of each thread. I do however have my options (My Settings --> Notification Options ---> Notification Preferences) set to watch every topic in which I reply with a "no notification" selected. It appears to partially work, because the "watch this topic" button at the top of all of the threads in which I have replied now says "Stop Watching Topic". They just doesn't show up on the list for some reason.

13. Biker

Are the topics showing up in your settings?

14. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I don't think so. Where would I (or should I) see them?

15. Biker

Upper right corner, select "My Settings". 

set1.png

Go to the Forum Tab and select Manage Watched Topics.

set2.png

16. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Yep, they're all there.

17. Biker

What link are you guys selecting to get the error message. The tapatalk folks want to test things out on our forum. :)

18. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Sorry...removed Tapatalk from the iPhone because the mobile version in Safari is just fine.

19. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Both links to old or new.

20. Biker

What links?! :banghead: View New Content?  Today's Active Content? Read last post? I have to pass this on.