1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's not working right?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Biker, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

There are a number of things I still need to accomplish, so any of the foo-foo crap (like skins, themes, etc.) aren't going to be addressed right now. That will come once I get everything else under control.

If you find that you aren't able to do something, or access something that you think you should be able to, let me know in this thread.

2. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

I can report that the password recovery feature works just fine. :blink: Strange. I cleared my cache, and I know I used the right PW, but still got locked out. Ah well.

Looks nice!

3. Biker

Yeah, for some reason, the passwords aren't working properly. Hopefully everyone will think to do the recovery.

4. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Testing testing...one two. The posting issue looks like it's been resolved.

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I've sent out a bulk email. Hopefully people had the correct email addy in their profiles. :)

6. Biker

Oh joy. I did the same thing last night before heading off to bed. :lol:

7. ethics

No, mine was to reset their password. :p

8. Allene

Allene Registered User

Got both your messages, and I'm on at last! Last night it wouldn't accept my password, so I got another one and successfully logged on only to be told when I tried to post that I had exceeded my posting limit for the day, LOL!

It looks great! I even like the color! I guess you haven't had time to mess with it yet, Leon! ;) I'd love to spend more time looking around, but have to leave for a day of volunteering very soon.

9. cmhbob

Yeah, I hadn't noticed how slow the software response was; if I thought of it at all, I just assumed it was a 'Net issue. IPB is much faster. I'm liking it.

10. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

Clicking on a main forum doesn't take you to the page of sub-forums, it gives you an error, access denied message.

11. Biker

Fixed.

12. cmhbob

YouTube embed code doesn't seem to work. I'll try again in the test forum, but it didn't work in Rick's.

13. ethics

To repeat, it does. For now, you need to go to posting options-- on the bottom of where you are writing in the post -- and select raw html on.

14. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

Thanks,
    BTW, IPB is great, I'm a mod on another forum that uses it and it is very simple for everyone.

One thing I noticed is that my avatar is missing. did those get deleted?
    (Also, the signature no longer allows whatever the Folding signature was, something about file extension invalid.)

15. Biker

Use the bbcode media tag and insert the URL of the video between the opening and closing tag. Or, click on the "Insert Media" icon in the post editor.

Current multimedia types supported are:

Flash Movie/Game
    Flickr Image Set
    GameTrailers
    Google Video
    MP3
    MySpace Video
    YouTube

All by using media as your bbcode.

16. cmhbob

VERY nice!

17. Biker

Still working on stuff including signatures. Avatar images are pulled from the profile pic. Just upload your avatar as your profile picture and it should work. Need to look at those settings as well to see if that can be changed easily.

Profiles are fully customizable as well.

18. ethics

Well now!!![​IMG]

19. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

By the way, love the "Go to first unread post" linky. :thumbsup:

20. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tried accessing here from my blackberry when out earlier, either googling and clicking the link, or typing in the address I consistently got a forbidden error that I wasn't allowed to go to that page.