1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"What's New"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Arc, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Arc

Arc Full Member

The "What's New" both in this software and its equivalent in previous versions is one of my favorite forum tools.

What I don't see now, (maybe its right in front of me and I am missing it), is after hitting "What's New" the ability to clear that list with a click of a button or link. Absent such a feature the only way to remove the posts listed in "What's New" is to go to each post linked and click on it to go to it.

Is there a feature that one can click on to remove all those posts in "What's New?"
  2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

It's called "Mark Forums Read". Upper left corner.
  3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

If you're like me and rely heavily on "What's New," you could just use the "Mark Forums Read" link under the Forums tab. That would clear the "What's New" list at the cost of also marking any older post that you haven't read as read.

You'll still be able to see all recent activity if you do that. One of the links near the top of the page when you click on "What's New" is "You may also see what members have been doing recently." This yields the same result as "View Active Threads" or whatever it was called in the old software.
  4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I'll most likely create a new link for that and place it up there next to the What's New.
  5. Arc

Arc Full Member