1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's broken?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Biker, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Greg

Greg Full Member

Thank you Tom. I'm pleased it's on the TODO list and I don't mind waiting at all. I've been in a similar situation and I know how difficult it is to face a whole bunch of bugs and have to figure out each one, and even worse when it's unpaid work.

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I ain't fixin' it. That's when the next maintenance release is due. :D

3. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Remembered it - the link formatting. Wasn't it automatically bolded or something under the old version? Was that a theme thing, or what?

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

5. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

I knew VBSEO was the thing that grabs the title of an outbound link and subs it in, but I was thinking more of the embedded links that some of us occasionally do. They don't stand out at all in this theme. Compare this link to this one, where I bolded the second one.

6. ethics

Oh I see. The style we have now will change. You know me, I hate default stuff. ;)

See, aside from Tom's work, I (and maybe he does too) feel that VB 4 was NOT ready for a release. They are calling it a full release whereas I wouldn't even call it release candidate. Perhaps late Beta.

7. Biker

Alpha.... :vmad:

8. Greg

Greg Full Member

I've been thinking exactly the same thing but I didn't mention it because I didn't want to go negative, and I perceive negativity at least on my part as not being helpful.

9. Morg

Morg The ultra-moderate

Are your jaws a little tight, Biker? :whistle:

10. ethics

Can you try it, Greg? I've upgraded Tapatalk on the server.

11. Greg

Greg Full Member

I haven't seen this yet reported.

When replying to a post both the "Reply" and "Reply with quote" end up including the quote. I can't see any difference between the two buttons.

12. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

With quote.

13. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Without quote.

14. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Yep...works! Thanks!!

15. Biker

Reply is not including quotes at all when post is clicked.

16. Greg

Greg Full Member

There is no button labeled "post." I clicked reply for this message, and ignored the "reply with quote" button.

Perhaps you should be more precise. Or maybe I don't understand what you mean "post." Is there a button labeled "post?"

17. Biker

I replied using "Reply".. No quote. Pressed "Post Quick Reply", still no quote.

18. Biker

Clicked "Reply With Quote" Got a quote. Pressed "Post Quick Reply", still have quote.

19. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Ok, I misread your question there it seems.:whistle:

Do you want that with a quote or without?;)

20. Greg

Greg Full Member

I don't understand how you can see different options than I. I see three ways to reply to a topic:

+ Reply to Thread

The first is below the postbit area (left side below last post), the other two are at the lower right of each post. The first one gets a reply with no quote. The other two (the ones on each post) get a reply with quote. (There is also a third button for multi-quote).

I don't understand why you get different buttons than I.

Also, I do not see any button for "Post Quick Reply).