1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's broken?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Biker, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Use this thread to post any issues you run across with the new software.

I still have a lot of things to do under the hood, so things will slowly change over the course of today and tomorrow. Yes, I know the Home button leads to a page that doesn't have squat. Will be one of the first things I work on.

On the To Do List:

1. [st]Mobile style[/st]
    2. [st]Lynne's "Go to Top" links.[/st]
    3. A couple of extra other modifications for images, etc.
    4. CMS page (Home button)

2. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

I'm not sure if it's a biggie, but since FF autofills:
    When I type in GA, it always went to ga/forum and now I get a security error page since the new page is ga/forum/forum.php. Is there any way to put in a simple redirect to that page?
    No biggie, I assume it will switch eventually to the new page as I use it more.

3. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

LOL, twice I hit the back button thinking I'd typed the URL incorrectly - then I restarted the browser because nothing looked like it should. On the third try I saw BigD's name at the bottom as users currently online so I figured there was some major overhaul going on.

4. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Low priority:

"Go to first new post" button doesn't. I assumed at first that things might have to re-sync a bit, but even on this thread, which I read almost as soon as you posted it, when I clicked the "Go to first new post" button after I saw that Sir Joseph had posted, it linked to your post, not SJ's.

5. cmhbob

Also low priority, but some folks will probably gripe about it. Something weird is going on with the text width. I played around a bit in the test forum, but couldn't find any rhyme or reason to it. It's just that sometimes the text goes full-width, and sometimes it doesn't.

6. m1taylo

m1taylo Full Member

seems good to me so far. Kinda odd moving around in the new, cleaner looking place.

7. Biker

Sir J. I said FORUM software, not Fire Fox. :p

However, I am aware of an issue with Fire Fox 3.6 receiving security token errors. While it's debatable as to whether it's a vB or FF issue (my money's on it being a FF issue), both camps are aware of it. As for a redirect? Ummm. No.

Works fine for me.

"Something weird is going on" tells me a lot. Yep, it sure does. DETAILS! :doh1:

8. cmhbob

Well, I figured since I linked to a post in the Test Forum, there was no need to copy all of that text over here and duplicate it. (http://www.globalaffairs.org/forum/threads/73908-Testing-reply-formatting?p=655596)

The basic idea is that the width of the text in a post varies, for no apparent reason, at least to me.

Oh, and the file attachment dialog is slick!

9. Biker

What test forum? Try to go there today?

Now. Provide proper details so the issue can be looked at.

10. m1taylo

m1taylo Full Member

one item is the header. Should be higher on the list so people showing up know they are in the right place and not lost.

11. Biker

:banghead: The DB for the old test forum was wrapped into the main forums. That was NOT supposed to happen as I deleted the test forum last night.

12. cmhbob

Yes, I know you deleted the testbed. But the link I posted in posts 5 and 8 don't go the testbed, they go to the test forum that's live here. You know, this one: http://www.globalaffairs.org/forum/forums/45-Test-Forum

As I said, it's a formatting issue, so it doesn't make sense to me to copy all that text over from there to here. In fact, if you just scroll up through this thread, you'll see variations in text width in the posts. In fact, I even added a screenshot.

13. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Quick reply is slick. Good job so far

14. Biker

I see what you're talking about. They're aware of the issue. Slated to be fixed in a future release.

15. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

I also see what cmhbob is seeing. One post will only take up half the page and the next post will take up the full page

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600">Hopefully this screen shot will help</v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"></v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> View attachment 5740 </v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"></v:shapetype>

16. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Rep dots are fused with custom title.

17. Biker

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Not sure if it's something I can fix on this end or have to wait for a fix. I'll check the bug reports to see if this one has been addressed.

18. Biker

Slated to be fixed with release of 4.02 later this week.

19. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Very, very, very low priority. Tapatalk on the iPhone doesn't seem to like our forum now with the upgrade.

Again, incredibly low priority.

20. Biker

That will be Leon's issue as he's the one that set all that up.

Most likely an upgrade is needed as the new software is completely different from the 3.x series.