1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whataburger vs Open Carry

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Jul 13, 2015.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I somewhat agree with them. While they're not prohibiting firearms completely (you can still conceal carry in the restaurant), I'm not sure I want the average reprobate open carrying at the establishments I'm frequenting.

This whole "open carry" thing is being taken too far IMO. If you're going to carry, get the license to conceal and take the courses and training for it.

3. ethics

Ok educate me.

This is an open carry state. Which means that if you have an open carry license, you can go to all of the establishments. What am I missing with this burger place getting panties in the bunch?

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Just because it's an open carry state doesn't mean establishments have to allow it on the premises. And Whataburger hasn't prohibited all firearms. Just the open display of those firearms.

If you conceal carry, nobody knows you're carrying.

Open carry is just that. It's out there in front of everyone, and that makes many uncomfortable (including me). As the only individuals who are authorized to open carry are concealed permit holders, why the fuck would you openly admit that you have that license?

I have no issues at all with concealed carry. I do have an issue with someone coming in, openly displaying the firearm.

5. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

Where I live you don't need a license to open carry, yet I've never seen anyone open carry, mostly because I live in a Liberal pansy-ass place. I never open carry and most places even with no-guns sign would never know I carry. Why let people know? The reason why Texas had a big open carry rally and movement for rifles was because until recently it was illegal to carry a handgun like that.

And some reason to open carry is because it's the only legal way, if I travel to Delaware, I can't carry concealed, only open.

6. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Minor nit -- no "license" to open carry required (at least in VA).

7. ethics

Thanks guys, makes it more clear.

8. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

There will be in Texas, same as concealed carry. But simply having a firearm visible not invoke LE cause to check for a CHL.

ethics likes this.
  9. ethics

What's your take on all of this?

10. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Open carry? Don't care a bit. Texas is a gun state; we ALL have guns here.

Whataburger? Don't like their stance one bit. They're a Texas company, FFS, just leave well enough alone and make your money without even mentioning the law.

I disapprove of any corporate influence on 2A issues, because they're caused by leftwing anti-2A people trying to take any victories they can. "If I can't get your gun through the government, I'll get it through corporate boycotts."

ethics likes this.