1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the size limit on uploads

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by valgore, Dec 10, 2002.

1. valgore

valgore Veteran Member

I have tried several times to upload a zipped video but keep getting an error page. these files were under 2 megs which I thought was the limit. will video just not work on this site?

2. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

I've been wondering, too. I had tried to upload a 1.4MB video, zipped, and was also getting database errors every time. Glad you brought it up, 'cause I wound up forgetting to...

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

MPEGS and MPE's are currently disabled.

4. Sunriser13

What about .wmv files? That was what was within the .zip I was trying to upload...

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Any video files are disabled. I did that in order to minimize spreading any crap (viri, trojans, worms, etc...) around.

I will re-enable once I do more research in to how I can put the video files on queue, scan them and then release them for public consumption.

I know it's a bit draconian but the only way I am infected these days is through video files.

I hope to have this complete this weekend.

6. Sunriser13

I see. Thank you for the explanation! :)

7. valgore

valgore Veteran Member

cool. thanks for the explaination. I kept thinking I was doing something wrong.