1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What geek items did you pick up on black friday?

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Stiofan, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Anyone pick up any good deals in the sales this weekend? I was shopping for a DVD player (I'm tired of using the PS2 as a DVD :cool: ), and thought I had a nice Sony on sale but got to Fry's too late as it was sold out. I was able to pick up a Blaupunkt mobile DVD unit for only $119, which I can use in the house, and I can also connect it to my mobile video system which only has VCR now. I do a lot of travelling, and it'll come in handy in the motel/hotel rooms as well. It's really small, a little larger than a ZIP Drive, so it'll pack well.

I was looking for a nice external hard drive, but couldn't find one at a price I wanted to pay.

2. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I picked up a 32" Toshiba FST Pure Flat Tube Television on Friday for $699 with 24 months interest free financing. I originally was looking at the Sony Wega, but the Toshiba had the same picture quality but was $100 less. Actually, I still would have got the Wega, but the wife would only agree to the Toshiba. Hey...beggers can't be choosers. :)

Of course, the new TV wouldn't fit our our current TV stand, so we had to also buy a new one of those.

I also picked up a Pioneer VSX-D411 receiver for $145.45 (Loss leader at a local electronics store). It's not the best receiver, but it does have 100 watts X 5, DTS, Dolby Digital, Dolby ProLogic, and 5.1 inputs.

3. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

My brother has the 36" Sony, it's real nice. I don't think you'll have any problems with the Tosh though. It's nice too.

4. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

Santa got me a new 48X burner...and I picked up a bunch or blank roms for the kids and another 512M of Ram for thier machine also

Total spent after rebates about 20 - 25$...hehehehehe

i love rebates

5. Pyrion

Pyrion Liquid Metal Nanomorph

Didn't buy anything on Friday. I spent that day watching the thunderstorms. ;)

On Saturday, though, I got a new cable modem (to replace my geriatric one) and ordered some parts for another machine to replace my dad's old P166.