1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you call a country with two armed camps that can't compromise?

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Susan Addams, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Amazonian woman in a petite package!

Answer: America.

The Democrats won't compromise with the Republicans. The Republicans won't compromise with the Democrats. Hell, the Republicans won't even compromise with the Republicans.

Meanwhile the moderates... aren't any.'

It's like the Waco shootout except both sides are equally armed and nobody has any call on reinforcements.

Does that mean game over until 2020?

Meanwhile the only way you can trust what you see on your TV is to turn off the power. Or switch to Netflix and watch a movie...

2. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

First of all, our system of government was designed from the outset to make it as hard as possible to get things done. All sides must agree to a large part.

There is no problem when all the parties involved are "good actors," meaning they clearly state their objectives, are honest with negotiation and sincere with the compromise.

The issue today is an unfettered Democrat agenda would destroy multiple tenets of the bedrock this country was founded upon. Coupled with the Democrats being bad actors and demanding "Let's compromise and do it our way" the Republicans for their own survival have to adopt a no-compromise policy. Even though they are already syncopate boot-licking lackeys of the Dems anyways. They try to buddy up to the Dems and MSM to get them to give themselves a break, then get screwed no matter if they fight the Dems of compromise with them. If they fight, the lies and distortions come out full-force. If they compromise, the R's still get excoriated because they didn't compromise enough.

No one on the R side after Gingrich has the testicles to kick out the RINOs and "leaders" like McDonnell, clearly and repeatedly announce to the people (and not filtered through the MSM) an agenda and have the unity to carry it out.

I think it's way past time to do things The Chicago Way. Traitors and snitches get concrete shoes and dumped in the Potomac, Democrat bad actors get publicly executed (METAPHORICALLY, on Social Media and the Web because the MSM won't do it) like the rabid dogs they are.

Brutal, naked force is the only way to solve important issues when negotiation won't work. The R's are still trying to use the carrot when they are 20 years past needing to use the stick. If the R's set loose an equivalent to Nagen and Lucille in Congress on Monday, I promise they will have a minimum 2/3rds majority after November 2018. People outside of New York, Chicago, SF, LA and a few other places are absolutely sick of this shit. True leadership from the R's would lead them to controlling things well after my passing, as long as they stay true to their ideals.

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

And we now see why Washington is such a cesspool of rabid ideology with a complete lack of understanding why the majority of the public is fed up with their bullshit.

BOTH sides are guilty of extremism and it's getting worse instead of better. The drivel spewed above is a prime example of why things are so broken in the nation today.

America Needs a Liberal Party

Governing isn't about us vs them. It's not about passing an idealogical agenda that hurts the country in the long run. And it's definitely not about my way or the highway. Both parties have forgotten the prime tenants of governance and democracy.

ShinyTop likes this.
  4. Arc

Arc Full Member

Our congress and to a lesser degree regional and local governments are the same. Next to worthless. The national and state governments are about two things: Two political parties and elected members. All that is important are the parties and the loyal support of their public office or running for public office political members. The prime directory is loyalty to the party and the number one goal of all are to get elected or reelected.

5. MemphisMark

Biker, thank you. I forgot a major part. The R’s need to return to the ideological base, namely smaller government, fewer and better laws, kick the Executive branch out of the regulation business, lower taxes and more.

Those who are in favor of this kind of governing needs to either kick the RINOs and fanatics out of the R party, form their own new party or move over to the Libertarians.

I just found out a couple weeks ago that Congresscritters have to pay to be on a committee. Cash to the national party. More if you want to be the chairman of the committee.

I don’t dare put on the Internet what I want to do to Washington, because that would earn me a visit from Serious Men in Bad Suits from Alphabet Agencies asking Awkward Questions.

6. Susan Addams

I don't think you people get it at all. My sister lives in RSA (in a small city SW of Johannesburg) and she set me straight about America and what the world thinks of us. I got to thinking and finally realized the truth.

(Just as reference to understand my POV I was born in IL and sis was born in RSA. It's complicated, don't ask. She grew up there, I grew up here.)

The world sees America as fucking up the rest of the world by stepping in and either pressuring them to follow US policy, or like in Iraq stepping in and killing a bunch of Iraqi citizens and killing a bunch of our military (bless them!) and accomplishing nothing except destabilizing Iraq by removing Saddam Hussein who at least made the problem local. Without Hussein now what happens in Iraq is happening in homeland US, coming soon to a city near you. I suddenly understood why the Islamic extremists are attacking us. We f'd with them and now they are f'ing with us back.

Our party system is a joke. You've seen the truth come out now in the news: Hillary and Bill Clinton simply bought the DNC for cash about a year before the primary elections. Bernie never stood a chance of receiving the nomination. Billary already bought that seat, the Democratic primaries and debates were a farce. Wait, what? What debates? Why have debates when Billary already bought Hillary's ride as the Democrat nominee.

Meanwhile the Republicans chose the same experiment where a scientist introduced a few pairs of rats into a cage of fixed size, gave them a limited quantity of food, and sat back and watched. Of course the biggest, baddest rat ate all the competitors and f'd all the female rats. It turned into a lab experiment equivalent of Lord of the Flies. And that is what happened when Trump gained the nomination; he simply ate all his competitors.

And now we act surprised that he won't STFU his Tweeter, and that he is belligerent in office? Belligerence is what got him into office. His strategy proved that belligerency works. Why would anybody expect him to change his style—that provably works—that works!

Let's get back to the election itself. Of course many Americans voted for Trump because they saw Clinton's true nature with the double faced lies, compromised email servers, James Comey flip flops. They understood that Trump was an asshole but they perceived Clinton as a criminal, considering the Comey farce where he enumerated all Clinton's crimes, and then {gasp} decided to not pursue it anyway. Come on! Comey was in the Clintons' pocket, with Loretta Lynch dirtying herself so that she could recuse herself from a bought and paid for Clinton sycophant. The whole thing was a set-up so that Comey was assigned the decision to prosecute or not, Lynch recused herself by her jet-to-jet coitus with Bill, and Comey was in Hillary's pocket.

In continuing my analysis, of the country are sheeple. You know what that means. They are human but with the sheep mentality. They are loyal to their chosen party just like you are loyal to your home city baseball or football team. (My sister keeps telling me that the proper name for football is soccer, and that only Americans are delusional in thinking that they are playing football, but I digress.) In fact that is part of the problem; we Americans think we have the only game in town, we want the world to measure in inches and miles and ounces and pounds, yet the rest of the world runs on cm, Km, gm and Kg. Let's not even get into degrees F vs C. I have problems with that myself but at least my emails to sis I speak metric. We Americans are so arrogant.

So in my version of the universe the DNC and RNC pick who you can vote for. Billary proved that by buying the DNC and surprise, Hillary is the candidate! You can draw your own conclusions vis a vis the RNC. I think it's simply that King Rat ate all the contenders.

Then we have the elections. This is where the government gives us all the chance to vote (despite the not so few who don't give a ... F ... about it. They are busy f'ing their neighbors' spouses and snorting drugs when they aren't busy with their beer, barbecue and sports.

Do you call that an election when most of the sheeple vote the party line, that party lines are bought and sold, and that so many people could care less that they don't even bother to vote?

America isn't the 1,000 pound gorilla in the cage with you. It's the biggest, baddest rabid dog running free in your neighborhood, in terms of how the internationals (like sis) perceive us. Mad dog, stay away, get aside and live another day.

I hate the saying, "You get the government that you deserve." I didn't sign up for this unless the warning was tattooed on the inside of my mother's labia as I was born. Shit I couldn't read then! My bad.

And now you ask why the two sides can't compromise. Uh yeah. What two sides? There's the bought and paid for on one side and the bought and paid for on the other side.

The only reason we are allowed to vote is to give most us (100% of the sheeple) like to feel like we are in control, and the election provides the party proxy who actually gets elected.

The primaries are a farce and the DNC & RNC decides who runs. The sheeple party voters vote the party line.

Just how is that a participatory democracy? Yeah we are free to vote, but we smart people are drowning in sheeple and set-up primaries where the DNC and RNC decided who can run.

MemphisMark likes this.
  7. Biker

If you were to read around, you'd see many of us get it. Much of Europe is nothing more than a bunch of pansies who would pee their knickers at the mere thought of standing up for what's right. They'd much rather waggle their finger at the country violating human rights and say "No no no." and then act all shocked and indignant when they don't comply. "We asked nicely, too!" Phooey!

Read this:

America Needs a Liberal Party

It sums things up rather perfectly as far as the political situation in the US.

8. Susan Addams

Hey, you don't have to convince me EU is all fucked up. UK is the only country who could find their brains without using both hands. Whatever were they thinking when they created ECM? Too stupid to notice MX immigrants to US. Now EU has a bunch of Muslims. They're so f'n stupid they invited the terrorists to come in and kill them.

I'm sorry I haven't read around much yet. To be truthful I joined the forum then forgot about it for a while. I promise I'll read more posts and learn more about your members.

Wow! That was a fantastic article! I am going to share it with my friends for sure! Spot on!

9. MemphisMark

Susan, I think I'm in love with you. :p

If you want to really get mad at how fucked we are, check out the "Administrative Act of 1947" which allows the Executive branch to make regulations with the force of law, and the 17th Amendment which eliminated the voice of the States from Congress.

10. Biker

You'll have to excuse Mark. He confuses things that are generally good for people as bad things, much like the rest of the extremists on the right.

11. Susan Addams

Thanks for the compliment Mark! I like you too! Sad to say you'll have to get past my BF before we can have an affair, and dear BF has some pretty good moves! :) Nice ass too! LOL! :D

12. MemphisMark

Biker, you're a LEO, right? Do you think it's a good idea that you (your department as a whole) get to write regulations that you get to then enforce? Because when an Alphabet agency gets to write a regulation and puts jail time and/or fines in place for violating said regulation, then they get to go and destroy your life with it, that's a good thing, right? Right?

Yes. Regulations that are generally good for people.

Like BATF not following it's own regulations on how to classify compounds and just declared a material that burns slower than typing paper as a "Low-Explosive." It affected me in one of my hobbies because I couldn't meet the BATF storage requirements to buy and hold this material. I eather had to have a friend store it for me, or purchase and use it while the seller witnessed me using it. It took the two national organizations in the hobby 20 years and about $1-2 Million each to grind their way through the courts and get a judge to overturn the regulation.

Then there was the time Russlynn Ali, the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights for the Department of Education wrote a "Dear Colleague" letter with the catastrophic results being young men in college being destroyed for the rest of their lives because of a sexual harassment accusation. The Star Chambers set up as a result of that letter had no standards not even approaching a court of law. His excoriation was based on almost exclusively on her uncorroborated word. There was even one case where the girl didn't accuse him, someone else did. The girl came to his defense and was threatened with expulsion herself if she didn't STFU. And when the Huffington Post comes out against it, it's probably bad.

Shall I go on?

My biggest bitch about it is the bureaucrats to write shit like that are unaccountable. If my Congresscritters wrote a law like that I could vote against them in the next election. How do I bring an unelected bureaucrat to heel?

Not to mention it's unconstitutional on its face. Article 1, Section 1, Clause 1: "All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States..." I have never found a clause that allows Congress to delegate legislative powers to anyone. The Constitution meant to keep the writing of the laws separate and distinct from the enforcement of those laws. Each branch has a unique function to play in the overall picture. Each branch can to some measure affect the other branches but never force them to do anything.

I am not against the agencies writing a law, which is then passed or not passed by the Congress. I just don't like the enforcers writing the laws. It reminds me of the Stamp Act.

13. Susan Addams

I'm a Libra! ;)