1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do They Know "UFO's"

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by fritzmp, Nov 4, 2002.

1. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

Now I have heard from many that have served in the Air Force who have guarded strange things and one Officer said in jest but with a serious tone "if you have seen one Alain you've seen them all".

Some think many of our tech advances come from an Alain source.

http://freedomofinfo.org/evidence2.html

I come from a need to know family that was reinforced in the military. Just when do you think the public should get the story if there is one to tell. I see how information of this kind demonstrably told and validated would start havoc in the world.

Your thoughts.

2. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

The Day After Roswell, by Col. Philip Corso is a fascinating read. The Col's career at the Pentagon in charge of emerging technology is a fact. I cannot testify to the veracity of the book, but the Col. claims to have essentially been in charge of seeding American Industry with bits and pieces of technology gleaned from the Roswell crash.

He claims that things from the digital revolution to fiber optics were a result of what was retreived from Roswell, and that he gave the stuff to companies like Bell Labs.

A very interesting piece of speculative literature.

3. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Fascinating topic!

I'll start by noting that Allied research and development efforts in basic materials sciences, munitions, aviation, rocketry, etc. increased exponentially during World War II. Scientific R&D was not limited strictly to military technology. Political planners also were considering the possibility (very real in 1942!) that the U.S. would lose the war and that Europe would fall. Given that, access to many raw materials would be cut off from American manufacturers. Large amounts of R&D were aimed at developing alternatives to then-existing materials.

Aviation (jet planes), energy (nuclear), optical, and, in particular, computational (computers) advances were staggering during the War.

Immediately after Japan's surrender, American industry began re-tooling for civilian production. Hundreds of thousands of men came home and went on to get college degrees through the GI Bill. Their wives or girlfriends, having learned skills through wartime production jobs, were less inclined to stay home and raise children. The influx of women into the workforce, while having a temporary effect of depressing wages, in the long run contributed to a much larger consumer demand for all types of godds and services.

All of this was based, of course, on good, old-fashioned American know-how and scientific research and development. Europe also benefited, but to a lesser extent, due mainly to the focus on rebuilding after the war.

So, I believe that the technological revolution and the subsequent information revolution were direct developments resulting from the increase in industrial activity during WWII.

However...I <u>do</u> think our government is hiding <i>something</i>, and that something could well have been the impetus to the development of certain fields or branches of science. Just don't ask me to support my beliefl; I can't, anymore than I can my belief in the existence of God.

4. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

I am open-minded about the possibility that the Roswell crash was indeed alien. I have talked with some very intelligent people who insist that that incident was a catalyst for our computer technology. I can't remember exactly, but I think it was the transistor that was "invented" very shortly after 1947? What are those tubes called that used to be huge in early computers? Were they transistors or capacitors or ???

Of all the conspiracy theories, I think Roswell probably has the most evidence to support it. There were so many witnesses that were silenced, and I just don't buy the weather balloon story.

That said, I think at least 99.9% of all UFO sightings are completely bogus. If aliens were watching us, why would they fly around for us to video tape them?

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Voyerism is not only a human trait?

6. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Vacume tubes...

7. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

voyeurism
    n : perversion in which a person receives sexual gratification
    from seeing the genitalia of others or witnessing others'
    sexual behavior

Unidentifide (~F)Phallic Objects :)

8. mikeky

mikeky Member

Given the kind of technology that would be required to travel the distances involved (high speeds, long travel times, unless you subscribe to some yet unexplored alternate such as worm holes), I would think we could have done much better than transistors from a crash. Given that, I have a hard time accepting our technology as coming from aliens. Also, most of the innovations can be tied back to specific individuals or groups.

Of course some things that pop up from time to time makes one wonder: :happy:

9. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

I agree, mikeky, but consider how little technology something as simple as a modern boom-box could be gleaned by the scientists of the 15th century. Electricity wasn't even discovered, then, except for static electricity.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

10. John R. Beanham

John R. Beanham Typical Aussie Male

If the rumours about Roswell are true then the people are a zillion years ahead of us.

The nearest star is about 7 light years away from Earth and most are FAR more than that. We are so far away from achieving light speed that it will be generations before we get close. That is the minimum needed to make the journey and probably far more than that is required.

If they sent one expedition and lost the craft and crew, I doubt that they would have given up. Would Earthlings, I doubt it! In teh 45 years since Roswell, surely they would have had another attempt.

Personally, I do not think it is people from another world. I am CERTAIN that they are there, just not capable of reaching and surpassing the speed of light in order to get here.

John.

11. mikeky

mikeky Member

Good point. Maybe teams of scientists are working on the other finds still. But I tend to agree with John R., lots of obstacles to overcome for visitors to get here.

Of course maybe if an alien craft did crash, no rescuers came because they were afraid that we caused the crash. That follows along with the dilemma of a space ship captain that meets up with an alien space ship: Does he/she make contact, with the risk that the alien race might be superior and aggresive, thus coming back to Earth and enslaving it? Or does he/she let it go past without contact, risking that the alien was friendly and might have shared vastly superior technology? Even in space, decisions, decisions!
    :eek: