1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome to New Globalaffairs.org

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Diane Benez, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Douglas Brennan

Douglas Brennan Forum Admin

Hello people of GlobalAffairs. I am Douglas Brennan, one of your new administrators here at GlobalAffairs/UFaBA. Diane and I have great new and exciting plans for this website, plans that I am sure you will all enjoy. If any of you have any questions, I will be here and there, reading up on all of your user profiles and getting to know you all a little bit better.

I will, in the next few days, be messaging a few of you to offer the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of "remodeling" the forum.

Thank you!
    Douglas Brennan
  2. LissaKay

LissaKay Oh ... Really???

*stands up in back row, flips cig butt to the side, lowers shades*

Uh yeah ... I gotta question. Umm ... ya know, your little theme song thus far is "Take Back America" blah blah blah so on and so forth ... did you happen to notice that the domain name and the name of this forum is GLOBALaffairs???

That's like, you know ... a contradiction in terms ... so to speak.

*sits back down, lights up another smoke, puts feet on back of BDD's chair and snorts in derision*
  3. Plunge

Plunge Passed Away July 20, 2007

Demi, you mind handing me a butt so I can flick one too? I don't smoke, but I want to join in.:)
  4. LissaKay

Sure ... here, take one.

They make me stay in the back with my smokes cause I didn't join in on the great smoke out ... LOL
  5. Diane Benez

Diane Benez Take America Back!!!

Hello Demi,

I didn't plan on joining on political dialogue in such a short time but globalaffair is perfect because America is not just about America in today's world. From South America's exploration of the oil to Middle East and Far East. America has its hands in almost everything today. The global aspect of the name is lucrative because to call it something like "AmericaAffairs" is limiting our scope.

On top of that, this site already came with many bells and whistles and even a few of you that will stick around-- I have to confess, I peeked through the posts :).
  6. Douglas Brennan

Douglas Brennan Forum Admin

Yes, we are well aware of the domain name. We are also well aware that, once we have taken back the White House (i.e. America), issues will have to be addressed of a GLOBAL nature also. The membership on this forum is primarily located in the United States, although there are a number of members from all over the world. What better way to get our messages out to the world than through informed, intelligent citizens of all countries?

Douglas Brennan
  7. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

I get no google hits at all for "United For and By Americans" or for "Diane Benez." And the "Douglas Brennan" hits don't seem at all related (unless he's two Supreme Court Justices).

Funny joke, haha.
  8. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

9. Diane Benez

Most of our sites are closed to public, like this one. I am putting a list together of all of our "keyring sites" that you will be able to access and use.

You can do a search in _Not in Our Name_ and _MoveOn.org_ where we are mentioned. I will try to see if we have some links to some articles.
  10. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

Plunge is right. I believed this. I'm a tard (whatever that is).
  11. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

"tard" is shorthand slang for "retard".
  12. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

If it was Robert (and his typing) you'd be in trouble.
  13. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

Can one apply for a Moderators position?

I am seldom on this site and therefore can remain unbiased and objective.
  14. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Hey, I've got some great ideas for remodeling...Like some new images for banners!!
  15. Diane Benez

Absolutely, Bruzzes!

We will be evaluating people's stances and their knack for generating some great discussions!
  16. Plunge

Plunge Passed Away July 20, 2007

I think moderator is too harsh a word. "Counselor" or "Friendly Helper" should replace it.
  17. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

I suggest "facilitator", I've always liked that word.
  18. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

While I for one, am willing to see where you might take this forum before I judge Leon's move, Diane you really need to change that avatar and signature.
  19. Diane Benez

That's very funny, Frodo. That's twice you mentioned it right after it changed. I am sorry, but that's not funny.
  20. LissaKay

sig heil, baby