1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome to New Globalaffairs.org

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Diane Benez, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Diane Benez

Diane Benez Take America Back!!!

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself and propose a welcome to our website. United For and By Americans is a broad-based coalition funded in part by _Not in Our Name_. We are made up of individuals of all political, ethnic and social backgrounds united in one cause - taking our country back. We are mothers, workers, retirees, and people of all faiths and orientations working to remove George W. Bush from office.

As a non-profit organization, we do not endorse any candidate. Our mission is simply to bring America back to the respected world leader that it once was. We have purchased this website (and others) in order to broaden our base of support. There are many Republicans, Libertarians, and Independents who are upset at the way President Bush has fought the war on terrorism and squandered the budget surplus which existed when he took office. We look forward to an open dialogue with you.

All pages and email addresses affiliated with the GLOBALAFFAIRS website have been purchased by our coalition, and we hope to have some of the more offensive ideas and rules removed, along with a few posts that may be offensive to people of diversity, race, culture, and religion. We have a large volume of email that all of you have sent to Leon Keylin, and we intend to send out notifications of these exciting new changes as soon as possible. Additionally, we are in the process of hiring several writers and web designers. You have our word that this site will remain a predominantly intelligent discourse website (but with a more progressive flavor).

Please bookmark this page and check back frequently, as we hope to have the new articles, humor, commentary, and links up in a very short period of time. If you would like to contribute, we will have a donate link up soon on the left-hand side of the page.

Thank you,

Diane Benez (Director)
    United For and By Americans

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

SM! Warm up the egg beater! We got some work to do!

3. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Um....BUSH 4 MORE YEARS. ;)

Just kidding, Diane. heh...

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Excuse me? Who the hell are you again? Unless I've been sleeping for the past five years or so, this is a non-partisan, non-agenda site.

SM

5. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

this is april fool's right? answer quick cause you almost lost me

6. Biker

Beg your pardon, but what gives you the bloody right to waltz in here state you've purchased MY opinion which is NOT for sale to anyone. And even if it WAS for sale, I wouldn't sell it to a left leaning, tree hugging organization who couldn't find the truth in a wet paper bag!

Time to get off that pot induced high, woman, and smell the coffee. The only way you'll get my support is through my boot as I sail your sorry ass through the goal posts.

NET!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Uhm, guys, I need your support here. Thanks.

8. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

yeah... I got your support right here! ;) come n get it!

:kissmy: :kissmy:

I don't like you anymore :p

9. Biker

Bullshit Leon.. You spring this little surprise on us and expect our support? Especially from the likes of her?? I don't fucking think so.

10. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Well, with all your newfound money, Leon, where's the new site going to be?

11. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

'As a non-profit organization, we do not endorse any candidate. Our mission is simply to bring America back to the respected world leader that it once was. We have purchased this website (and others) in order to broaden our base of support. There are many Republicans, Libertarians, and Independents who are upset at the way President Bush has fought the war on terrorism and squandered the budget surplus which existed when he took office. We look forward to an open dialogue with you.'

This reads very much like an agenda and I object very strongly to turning a great site such as this into just another run-of-the-mill 'Anyone but Bush' site.

This site encompasses views from a variety of view points and does not back just one particular theme.

That is the underlying strength of this forum and if you attempt to change that then you will find that what makes a forum great is its membership and the present membership will not put up with changes that depart from what this place is all about.

12. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I guess that pretty much takes care of all my posts! :lol:

Leon, you're a riot.

13. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

This better be some sort of Ukie idea of an April fools joke or Rocco and Guido are going to be making an emergency road trip and they'll give you PLENTY of support!!!

As in concrete and lots of it!

14. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Sooo, Diane...does Not In Our Name have a stated position on fellatio? I could make time between 4:00 and 5:00 for you to go over it in depth. :lol:

15. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I hope you're expecting a bald guy in this late 30's speakin' with an ukie accent!

16. Coot

Yeah, I know, (and actually it's a Brooklyn accent). I just crack me up sometimes rofl

17. Diane Benez

Diane Benez Take America Back!!!

Gentlemen, before I answer any questions, and please be assured that personal attacks are still part of the rules of this forum and will be deleted promptly, I want to put forth of any pressing questions in this simple FAQ.

?"Q: What is "United For and By Americans

A: We are a coalition of various, like-minded groups and individuals including The Peace and Justice Coalition, The International Action Center, Citizens Against the Patriot Act, and Peaceful Tomorrows.

Q: Will you be hiring Leon Keylin to write for this website?

A: No. We want more socially-responsible discourse that doesn't try berate at the expense of someone's race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation. This is not a website that delights in making fun of the mentally or physically handicapped. We will try for a higher standard of discourse and humor.

Q: Is it true that CAIR is an affiliate of your organization?

A: Yes. We consider ourselves very fortunate to have a wide range of faith-based organizations as members. But it is misleading to focus only on CAIR. We also have several Buddhist, Christian and Jewish members.

Q: (one member already asked this), I'm not a citizen of US, and like most people I feel bad for what happened to America on 9/11, but I hate Bush. I think he has caused most of the problems that you have now with terrorism. How can I contribute to the election?

A: Technically, foreign citizens are prohibited by law from making financial contributions to U.S. elections. However, since we are a not-for-profit organization (and we are not contibuting directly to either party) we are quite certain that you can make contributions through us. At present time, we are confirming this with our attorneys. Please check back with us at the end of May.

Q: You mentioned that you have most of the emails that we sent to the Globalaffairs.org site. I don't want to be put on your mailing or fundraising list. How can I make sure I'm not sent any solicitation emails?

A: We are migrating all emails and email addresses to our new server, and will soon be sending out a request for financial help to everybody in the database. If you would like to opt out of our newsletter, send an email to webmaster@globalaffairs.org.

Q: Can we link other sites such as LGF and Rottweiler?

A: No. We have researched these sites, and have determined them to be sites which promote hatred and intolerance. Little Green Footballs in particular seems to be dedicated to promoting hatred of the Palestinian people. We view their (and some globalaffairs.org) comments about activist Rachael Corrie to be shocking, and we are investigating our legal options against them. Furthermore, the foul language and racism expressed at the "Rottweiler" site clearly falls into the category of "religious intolerance." We are in the process of working with the hosting companies of both websites to have them taken down permanently.

Q: Is your group anti-Semitic?

A: That's a loaded question. Although we are opposed to the occupation of Palestine, we have many friends and supporters who are of Jewish faith. Just because we disapprove of Israel's genocide of the Palestinian people, it does not make us "anti-Semitic."

Q: How can you claim to be "neutral," and yet call for Bush's defeat? Aren't you just a front group for John Kerry and the DNC?

A: No. We oppose Bush because of his failure to protect us on 9/11, his trampling of our civil liberties, and his view that war is the answer to all of America's problems. We believe that dialogue would not only be more effective at fighting global hate, it would also not alienate America's allies as Bush has done. We are a tax-exempt organization, and as such we are prohibited from supporting any particular candidate. We will continue to abide by that.

Q: Isn't noted Holocaust denier Alex Heller a member of your organization?

A: Dr. Heller does occasionally contribute articles to our organization, and he will continue to do so. However, he is not a member of Progressives United for America. He is an individual with opinions on world events which differ from those of the corporate media. Some of the things Dr. Heller says may be distasteful to a handful of people, but we allow him this forum to express his views. We are adamantly opposed to censorship in any form.

Q: I was a fan of some of the old globalaffairs.org material. Will you be publishing all of it? If not, can I buy the articles that you won't be using?

A: No. We have already viewed roughly 80% of the material that has written, and we do not find it suitable for our site. We hope to have a few of the less offensive pages up in a week or two, but the majority of it has been deleted permanently.

If you didn't see your question here, please send us an email at dbenez@globalaffairs.org. Please note that any emails of a threatening or defamatory nature will be promptly handled by our legal department.

Thank you.

18. rowd

rowd Spark Maker

Hey Leon, here's some support for ya............... rofl

[​IMG]

19. Coot

Are you in anyway affiliated with MOM (Multiple Orgasms for Men)?

20. Biker

Who the hell do you think you are by waltzing in here and changing the format of this site in this manner? 80% of the material is inappropriate? How's THIS for inappropriate. Lady you can suck my left nut. There's no way in hell I'll allow this site to be degraded by the likes of you.