1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome To Aztlan

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Coot, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

As is my nature, I have once again latched onto something that has bothered me for sometime now and will again point it out here at GA. Not that I expect anyone to get overly concerned or even mildly concerned. Nonetheless, here I go again.

Ive been on the phone of late (ouch, my phone bill is gonna be outrageous) with the office of Tom Tancredo (R) Colorado trying to get any supporting information with regards to what I was hearing him say last week in an interview. Much of the information passed along to me was anecdotal and gained in his numerous visits to the Arizona border. In particular, is the level of violence on the border with burglaries, ransacked homes, vandalized property, rapes, murders, and gunfire directed at border patrol agents. Along with people sleeping with shotguns and afraid to leave their homes during the day for fear their home will be invaded in their absence.

The traditional coyotes (human smugglers) are being replaced by the drug cartels, the ones refusing to be 'replaced' are killed. There's quite a bit of money to be made smuggling people and drugs they've discovered.

Tancredo, by going public against the Bush administrations plan to grant legal status to millions of illegal aliens, with facts and figures has drawn the ire of the administration. Carl Rove has cordially invited Rep. Tancredo to never darken the door of the White House again. Furthermore, Mr. Rove has informed the Congressman, after his November landslide win, that he will most assuredly be receiving a primary next time out.

As stated earlier and elsewhere, the democrats want this as they see it as a potential source of millions of votes. The republicans want this as they see it as a source of cheap labor, and the President wants it, as he believes by pushing this, he can garner some of this Hispanic voting block as the Republicans have done in Florida.

What I was left with was google. Oddly, there is very little in the mainstream press that discusses thisout of the fear I suppose of being labeled racist.

Aztlan, for those who may be unfamiliar with the term, is a term that was coined at the founding of MECHA, Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan, and is what may become the former southwest United States, made up of Texas, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada and Colorado. Farfetched? Perhaps not so farfetched as one would think after a little investigation.

To discuss Aztlan, the concept of reconquista must first be understood. Reconquista or re-conquering is very much alive in the minds of many Mexican nationals and U.S. Mexican immigrants and Mexican illegal aliens who do not recognize the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. This is the treaty that ended the Mexican American War and was the instrument whereby Mexico ceded the aforementioned territory to the U.S.

The Constitution of MECHA, calls for Mecha to abide by EL PLAN DE AZTLAN, which makes the following declaration:
    (the term gabacho is a pejorative referring to white people)

La Voz de Aztlan is a news source based in Los Angeles that grew directly out of Mecha, and is as the name implies, the official voice of the Aztlan movement. The movement is decidedly anti-Semitic as can be seen in this document (note the eagle on the flag of Aztlan, which is the symbol of MECHA holding a machete and a stick of dynamite) and this one as well.

The Aztlan cry of Nationalism, separation and perhaps their flag conjures up, at least in my minds eye, visions of that fertile ground of hatred that was pre-fascist Germany and Italy.

While La Voz de Aztlan website is clearly inflammatory, substantially defamatory and the information it presents largely refutable, it is very highly ranked in terms of linking and popularity, which begs the questionwho is reading this and more importantly, who is believing it?

The current California Lt. Governor, Cruz Bustamante along with Antonio Villarigosa, former state assemblyman who barely lost the democratic nod in the Los Angeles mayoral primary, are both past presidents of Mecha Chapters and both have refused to denounce the intent of El Plan de Aztlan, to wit, the plan to carve out the southwest United States as a separate state tied to Mexico.

Given the circularity of massive border crashing, amnesty and then voting, many of us living in the southwest may be invited to return to Europe if we survive the transition in El Plan that is laid out as

2. -Ken

-Ken Guest

I do consider the subject interesting but I'm having a hard time
    swallowing these idiots "reclaiming" the Southwest US as their
    own.

What the hell are they smoking and is it legal to sell in their new
    Mexican State?

3. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Well, you can call them idiots, but they have a very real presence on campuses throughout the U.S. with funding for the organizations coming from the Universities themselves. http://www.azteca.net/aztec/mecha/mecha.html

If you drive through East LA on the I-5 as I do daily, you can't help but notice the proliferation of bumper stickers proudly announcing La Raza, Azteca, Aztlan etc.

Like I said, one has to wonder who is reading this tripe and more importantly, who is believing it.

4. mike

mike mesmerized

Does anyone recall the Prop. 187 debacle a few years back, where it was passed by the voters and struck down by one judge? Does anyone else recall the marches and protests and the Mexican flags being waved around here? That flag does not belong here-in fact, should they really consider themselves mexican citizens, the border is to the south, I'll be glad to give directions...

5. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

Is burning the Mexican Flag Illegal in the US?

6. mike

mike mesmerized

That is a rhetorical question.....and the answer is:

Of course not!!