1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Graphics Problems

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Techie2000, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

I was just playing a game and the colors on all the things got weird. Now my screen keeps going on and off...

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Sounds like what I had before. Had to replace my vid card.

3. Techie2000

The fan was working too. New video card?! I was hoping to make this one last at least a year more...

And yeah whatever the problem is my computer just crapped out. I'm posting from my Zaurus now...

4. Twingo

Twingo Registered User

You weren't overclocking the cpu or the video card were you ??

by crapping out do you mean it no longer boots at all ??

got a spare vid card you can use to test and see if it'll boot with that in there?

5. Techie2000

No overclocking here. Another thought I just had could be if its my KVM switch...

6. Twingo

Twingo Registered User

Well KVM shouldn't cause a problem unless its looking for the other port ;) connect it straight to the monitor keyboard and mouse and make sure :)

7. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Sounds like a overheating problem to me. If it starts up ok after it cools down a bit, that's most likely the problem.

8. Techie2000

okay I removed the KVM from the equation and problem persists. I'm now running on an old 3DFX VooDoo Banshee I got from my friend when I upgraded his computer with the GeForce 3 Ti200 he got for his Birthday. So far no problems or lockups with this old thing. But it can't play BF1942...*grumbles*

I guess I'm now officially in the market for a new video card (waits for ATI vs NVIDIA flame war to ensue)

9. Techie2000

Oh yeah, here is a picture of the borked graphics. The screenshot looks better than what I'm seeing on the monitor...

10. ethics

What game is that?

11. Techie2000

Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix (now special disco edition...;))

It came free with my Audigy 2...

12. ethics

Sweet. Multi player looks better than UT2003.

13. Techie2000

It is. Rather than picking up guns you choose your outfitting at the begining of the level. A primary weapon (some kind of assualt or sniper weapon), a secondary weapon (either a machine gun type thing, or shotgun), a pistol (US SOCOM, Black Talon, or I forget the other one), 5 knives to use for slashing and throwing, a few grenades (either frag, smoke, flash, or incinerator) plus one utility item (armor, night vision, or heat vision). Most weapons have multiple firing modes (Auto, Burst, Single) and a secondary fire (ranging from hitting the enemy with your weapon to using the M203 grenade launcher on the M4)

no weapon pickups, the damage you do is based on where you hit the person on the body, and you get a little more control of the character than UT2K3. There is more strategy and sneaking around and less running into enemy base as fast as possible while shooting anything with 2 legs that moves...

14. IamZed

IamZed ...

Disco? I have lost all respect for you Techie.

15. Techie2000

rofl rofl rofl