1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning; Fear of Heights...;)

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by bruzzes, Jan 2, 2003.

1. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

2. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Bruzzes,

Great link but trust me....You ain't seen nothing yet ;)

If you have an Nvidia card take the free trial...this software is OUTSTANDING and I am a subscriber.

3D views, terrain enhancements, fly by's, zoom abilities, placemarkers...the works.

http://www.earthviewer.com/

3. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

This is the local mall, and I could zoom in about two more times before the resolution begins to fade :thumbsup:

4. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Great stuff there Bruzzes.

So Midranger....an Nvidia video card is needed foe Earthviewer. Any particular specs?

5. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

Damm!

I have a nvidea TNT card and though I use a gforce driver, it is not compatible.

That program looks like something I would love.
    Maybe if you recommend a Nvidea graphics card I will consider upgrading.

6. jamming

jamming Banned

I have a NVIDA GEFORCE2 MX100/200 - ASYLUM 32MB that works off a PCI Slot that works fine, only about $40 to $50 in price.

7. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I tried it, and while it's nice now, I see a LOT of potential for more.

Still, I wonder how this technology can be used for ill.

8. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

I wondered the same thing Ethics as I placemarked select military bases across the continental United States that my son will we visiting during training and active duty for the USAF.

I share your concern in that a potential enemy can get a lay of the land without having to leave his laptop. The pictures of my area appear to be about six months-1 year old based on construction progress around my place of employment.

Bruzzes and Ditch,

Supposedly any Nvidia card will work. Suggest you verify you have the most current drivers installed on your machine and then try again.

I find myself tinkering with this software constantly when multi-tasking. I've taken virtual tours of many cities thus far :)

9. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

You guys should look up Area 51 - it's actually listed. Funny how there's supposed to be nothing out there, yet you can clearly see stuff IS out there.