1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

War to start in March

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Misu, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

2. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

Geez. Do we have to wait that long? I mean, if we are gonna do it, then let's go already. All this talking, hemming and hawing.
    I'd like for the economy back on track for god's sakes. All this talk, talk, talk. Do it already.

3. Domh

Domh Full Member

600-800 cruise missiles in 2 days.

Thats going to be some brutal and instantaneous devastation.

Strange days indeed - most peculiar mama... whoa.

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Gosh, now I guess we're ALL in on the big plan. :rolleyes:

SM

5. muddly

muddly Guest

I think you should be shot for treason. I cannot believe you looked at secret Pentagon plans at Yahoo and posted a link on a public forum where Saddam may very well have an account. Worse still, you posted the attack date in the subject line, instead of "Attack plans, Saddam please don't read" as per Pentagon protocol.

I bet you're the same one that spilled the beans about the ships massing in the Gulf.

6. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

Re: Re: War to start in March

What ships massing in the Gulf? Nothing to see here folks, move along. :nut:

7. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

You know, wait a minute...this can't be right.

Neither the 101st or 82nd Airborne Divisions have gotten deployment orders, and they're the primary aviation element in any US attack. Both divisions don't have to go, but one most certainly would...probably the 101st, since they have like 9 battalions in the Aviation Brigade alone. And it would take them at least a month to deploy, and then a couple of weeks in-country setting up.

I think this is a bit more disinformation, unless the US is gonna try and hit the deck with fewer troops then advertised.

SM

8. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

The thought of 800 inbound cruise missiles should up the pucker factor significantly. Those Iraqi generals have to wondering about their career choice when they see that.

9. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Coot, you do have a way of making an understatement. I read that and an image of the bombardment of the Normandy beached flashed into my mind. A bit of an unfair comparison, perhaps but the modern equivalent I think.

Saadam, like most bullies, is great at picking on the weak or those who are of comparable strength. He is now up against the first string and he is in for a very big surprise. I do not think he learned much from 1991 and only believes what he wants to, disregarding offending views.