1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

War on drugs?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by pupowski, Jan 15, 2003.

1. pupowski

pupowski Banned

War on drugs takes on a new meaning with the trial of pilots implicated in the deaths of Canadian allies. The U.S. Air Force has a major problem on its hands with dealing out amphetamines and sleeping pills to pilots in combat, according to defense lawyers for the pilots. That is not an unreasonable presumption for a regimin involving Dexidrine, Ambien, and night combat. America should make every effort to protect those who defend us. Giving them the benefit of doubt should be a given, which does not appear to be the case here. I see this trial as a politically motivated travesty that should never have been brought forth.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...347&call_pageid=968332188854&col=968350060724

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Ewwww. Not sure I'd put much faith in the Star giving a nice even spin on things. They're probably one of the most vocal anti-American papers in the area.

The trial is news here, however, it isn't making the headlines. Most individuals, I think, are looking at other pressing issues.

3. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

When an incident involves the death of allies no stone should remain unturned in the investigation. For those not familiar with military law what is going on now at Barksdale is the equivilent of a grand jury hearing. They are deciding whether or not to prefer charges. Let's not reach conclusions about agendas yet, unless of course we are following an agenda.