1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

War in Iraq---Already On?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Coot, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

In this report from the Boston Globe, we already have special forces insurgency teams operating inside Iraq.
    I would not be surprised in the least if this is happening...in fact, I would be surprised if it wasn't. What I am concerned about is who's talking?

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

That's a leak that should be plugged with a firing squad.

3. jamming

jamming Banned

I volunteer to be on the Squad. There are now 150 lives at risk because some darn bastard wanted to appear smart or in the know.

4. Omar

Omar Registered User

Sometimes the US leaks these deliberately.

5. immortal one

immortal one 501st Geronimo

SF teams going back and forth over the border doesn't surprise me in the very least. One would have to be quite naive to think otherwise.

6. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I knew about this in September, actually. :angel:

I think the majority of their missions have been completed, but doubt they've been extracted yet.

SM

7. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Mostly ground confirmation of satellite intel, I would think. Long range... Communique by cellular. Blend, adapt.

8. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Okay, so everybody knows. What if Iraq suspected 20 and now they are told 150? So what if it is a leak. The first thing you learn in military inteligence is not to get cute. I would be very disappointed if we did not have people already on the ground. But you don't confirm a damn thing with regards to the enemy. My respect for leaks out of Washington is not high. There are too many people that place more value on the appearance of being in the know than on the health of the men who serve.

9. Ravenink

Ravenink Veteran Member

a friend of mine served in a unit specializing in things much like what is being described during his time in the military. From my conversations with him, I am under the impression that the soldiers who are performing these duties will not be overly pleased with increased publicity.

10. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I very much doubt they would be happy with the press coverage. It does very much fly in the face of what they have to do.

SM

11. Domh

Domh Full Member

If we know, we were meant to know. American media is carefully controlled by the federal government.

When some French reporter comes out with something interesting like this - and the federal spin doctors, suppressors, etc. cant get their hands on it before he sells it to some loose cannon rag - heads roll in DC and shit flys.

Remember the pics of Iraqi casualties on the 'road to hell' (before it was 'cleaned' and the American media was let in) that a french photographer smuggled out of the region in his crotch? They got let loose and were discounted by the feds six ways from sunday for as many reasons as there are grains of sand in Iraq.

My rule of thumb - If CNN, any of the major affiliates or any of the major dailies report something, its been cleaned so hard its got its hymen back.

Whenever something comes out and is 'discounted as patent nonsense' I perk my ears up and start googling.

*and no, im not changing my nick to 'mulder'*

;)

12. aedumo

aedumo Veteran Member

debkafile.com reported that last april. its a jewish site with some good sources.