1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WaPo: "Hands up, Don't Shoot" One of Biggest Lies of 2015

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Dec 14, 2015.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I went and found the WaPo Pinocchio column and sure enough it's there. Of course so is Trump, Hillary, Huckabee, Obama, Elizabeth Warren, Paul, etc...

This phrase became a rallying cry for protests after the fatal shooting of a black 18-year-old by a white police officer, Darren Wilson. Witness accounts spread after the shooting that Michael Brown had his hands raised in surrender, mouthing the words “Don’t shoot” as his last words before being shot execution-style. Democratic lawmakers raised their hands in solidarity on the House floor. But various investigations concluded this did not happen — and that Wilson acted out of self-defense and was justified in killing Brown.​

2. Greg

Greg Full Member

If anything the officer who shot him should be attributed to these words, uttered before he shot the perpetrator.

I can imagine the last thing most law enforcement wants to do is shoot a perpetrator, even one who deserves it.

As a person who expresses my Second Amendment rights in reality, to me it would be an utter failure and a personal disaster if I ever had to express my rights in lead and in blood. I can easily envision that most LEOs too feel the same way, that they too hope to never draw and use their service weapons, and most never do.

It seems an alien thought to me that electing a Black President (okay half but he has self-identified with Blacks in coming out always pro-Black even before the facts of the case were known) could result in a deterioration in race relations.

Based on the sole criterion of racial relations it's my opinion that the election of Obama has been the wort thing that has happened in race relations in years.

dsl987 likes this.