1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ShinyTop, Dec 11, 2016.

1. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Anybody have any experience with VR headsets?

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, no. The majority of VR headsets are designed for people that have normal uncorrected vision. As I wear glasses and am pretty much blind without 'em, it's doubtful I'll be able to use a VR headset and be happy with the results.

3. Allene

Allene Registered User

Would someone please tell me what VR headsets are? I am not eligible for whatever they are because I had cataract surgery in both eyes and have implants in them, but still need glasses to put the finishing touch to everything.

4. Biker

VR is Virtual Reality. They're special headsets that allow you to immerse yourself in whatever you're doing on the computer. Obviously, the program/game must be designed for it.

Virtual reality - Wikipedia

5. Allene

Allene Registered User

Thanks. Sounds like a hyped-up version of those three-D goggles that were out in the 60s. I'll pass on it.

6. Biker

Oh no. This is much better than the old 3D glasses. The headsets are designed in such a way that you feel you're totally immersed in whatever you're doing. The military is already using the technology in training.

If they were to design a headset for folks that didn't have perfect vision, I'd probably jump all over it.

Allene likes this.
  7. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Biker, I read numerous reviews on the Gear VR. Several mentioned the ability to manually focus the VR for each eye. One reviewer said he was surprised to find he could use without his glasses due to the focusing ability. Mine is on back order so I will have to let you know.

8. Biker

I DON'T NEED TO KNOW THAT!!!! :lolaway-5: