1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Violet

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Jun 4, 2010.

1. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

Allene alerted me that your father passed... I'm very sorry hon. I've been reading though and it really seems to me that you handled everything beautifully. Truly. I wish I could have been as graceful. I love ya Vi. My thoughts are with you.

2. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

Violet, I am sorry for your loss. One thing that I noticed though is that he must've been a great person, based on what I know/see of you. At least you had him for a long time and just remember that. Don't recall the short time suffering, recall the great and long time of being happy.

3. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Very sorry to hear this... my deepest condolences.

SM

4. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I'm so sorry, Vio.

5. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

My condolences, Vi.

6. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

thank you and allene i just wanted to thank you again for the number 341 poem. i printed it out and will recite it as it's just perfect for a tribute little poem for him. especially the wooden way part since he was a carpenter/woodshop teacher. that wooden way just fills my soul with my dad. it's perfect. getting things together and driving this evening. thank you all again for your support and getting me to strenghten me up a bit and help me deal. it's been 3 years of sensing and also i had a very strange thing happen around the time he passed. i believe. there is some connection and i felt him go. will explain more when i can. no, i didn't lose my mind. this was very real. too real.

7. Violet1966

thank you and allene i just wanted to thank you again for the number 341 poem. i printed it out and will recite it as it's just perfect for a tribute little poem for him. especially the wooden way part since he was a carpenter/woodshop teacher. that wooden way just fills my soul with my dad. it's perfect. getting things together and driving this evening. thank you all again for your support and getting me to strenghten me up a bit and help me deal. it's been 3 years of sensing and also i had a very strange thing happen around the time he passed. i believe. there is some connection and i felt him go. will explain more when i can. no, i didn't lose my mind. this was very real. too real.

8. Allene

Allene Registered User

Have a safe trip, Violet. I'm glad the poem is a comfort to you. I have known about it for many years, but I also remember someone posting it on GA on 9/11.

I understand what you mean about the strange thing that happened at the time your father passed away. I was very close to my father, too, but was away at college (120 miles from home) when he died. I had a very strong bond with my father, and I think what you are talking about happens from time to time when the people involved were very close. It's eerie! It has only happened to me once in all these years.

9. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

I saw this earlier today on facebook. I haven't yet had a chance to read through all of the posts in this thread. I just wanted to send you my condolences and say that you and your family are in my prayers.

10. Violet1966

thank you all for your support and helping me through this transition.

note to cyd, my brother's best friend in the world lived around the block from you. they saw your post on the funeral home book and couldn't believe it. like not even two blocks away. williams is the last name. andrew and denise.

11. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

I would agree with you, Vi - you felt something, and it was definitely real. And, if you stay alert, you will notice other things in the coming days regarding your dad.

12. Violet1966

i just hope things don't start flying across the room if i curse or smoke a cig. at 6:16 on july 15, i woke up after a full night of sweating but getting right back to sleep, to awake to a floating feeling and feeling cold, that made me feel like vomitting. i held my hands out because i felt he was there. i grabbed as hard as i could but couldn't grasp him while i also felt like i was floating then i knew and i cried out for him. i know i shouldn't have said it, but i screamed for his to not go. i screamed i love you daddy. i started to hyperventilate and had to call for my husband two floors down who rushed to me. the floating was gone. he was gone. i screamed he's gone. he's gone. an hour and not even a half later i got the call from my brother. at 7;30 am they found him peacefully gone in his room. he stopped by to say goodbye. my daddy loved me so much. i believe. i really do. nothing can change my mind now. whether heaven or another plane of existance, there's something else and it's up.

13. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

I know many people will not agree with me, but there is reliable anecdotal evidence of deceased people coming back or leaving evidence. I agree that sometimes, this can be wishful thinking, but there is still a reliable body of evidence that cannot be so explained away.

14. Violet1966

feeling a little lost but when it comes over me i look to the skies and talk to him and it helps. i want to thank you all again for grabbing me before this happened. it's a different world these past days. still hard to believe. i hear it fades a little. the heartbreak part lessens in pain. i hope they're right.

15. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Vi, my condolences. Remember you will always have memories of all the good times with your dad and nothing can make those fade away. If you ever need to talk about anything, you know where you can always find people willing to just listen.

Time does do its magic.

Mike

16. Violet1966

I talk to him all the time. Say good morning to him and good night. Thank you again Mike and everyone else for being there in my time of need. I love you all and will never forget it.

17. Violet1966

i still cry every day over this and there's a hole in my heart or something. it's very hard to remember i can't pick the phone up and call him anymore. i'd give my limbs for one more day with him in an alert alive state, where we could just talk. this has to be one of the hardest things in life. i felt pain when the thing with the kids happened, but not like this. it's like the world is a different place now. it's missing something that made it so great and perfect to me. i knew i loved my father, but now i realize how much i truly and deeply loved him. i'm still thankful though. a lot of good memories and videos and stuff. still hard to watch, but one day, i'll have more strength. the most beautiful part of this whole thing is i know how much he loved me too, to let me sense when he left and was trying to hold my hand to say goodbye. it sounds crazy when i say this to people but it was real and i felt it all. floating, cold reaching, then the letting go and knowing he was floating 'up'. maybe it's Heaven, or another place, but i have faith after this experience that there is something else after or connections to loved ones where the spirit can travel to say goodbye for now.