1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[video]I assume this is from a helicopter?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Steve, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Or maybe a Jolly Green Giant?

It's interesting the extent to which they went to make sure these were bad guys with weapons.
  2. Andy

'Bout 2 years old, from an Apache.
  3. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Dear God....
  5. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Yeah, I figured out after I posted that it had to be from an helicopter. An aircraft would have been circling the target.
  6. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

This was posted a while ago. Still, that meat ginder is awesome.
  7. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

I didn't remember this one. I remember the one with the crowd of people and the one that had about 5 guys, but I didn't recall this one.
  8. ethics

This one IS different. I think too many are confusing this one with the previous one. I've never seen this one before, here or anywhere.
  9. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Same footage from a couple of years ago, from Afghanistan. Definitely AH-64s, and it explains why there was some shooting before the actual engagement--they didn't have the range selected! :haha:

The footage is the same from this site, just longer...more setup time. See how long it takes to get authorization to shoot?

10. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

OK, I believe I remember some footage a while back showing just the vehicles getting fragged and the two bad guys buying it. The part showing the involvement with the weapons was missing, then.
  11. Andy

It's the same one... Although the link there seems dead, the discussion you all had fits.
  12. ethics

I still do. It's a waste of life.
  13. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Yes, that was missing from the original video that was posted here. I didn't realize it was the same video until the wounded guy started crawling away from the truck and, as SM put so eloquently in the other thread, "got serviced."

SM also pointed out that there would never be a single Apache on a mission like this (I also don't remember any zoom outs in the first one). Perhaps the difference between the two videos is that they came from two different Apaches?

14. Sierra Mike

What, you weren't having fits during the last thread, if memory serves. Besides which, they were terrorists or Taliban, and they made their choice.

15. ethics

I know, which is why they were a waste of life.
  16. Sierra Mike

Oh, I thought you meant their deaths at the hands of imperialist US Army aviators was a waste of life. :)

17. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Me too, dang! I was thinking Leon converted instantly to a war protestor. lol