1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Victims" get caught in racism scam

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Copzilla, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

http://www.digitalcity.com/houston/news/article.adp?article=1221619

Seems a couple local to Houston here have chosen to use the racial "victim" climate in order to enrich themselves. They are charged with painting racial slogans on the outside of their house, then torching it in order to claim $120k in fraudulent insurance claims. The official charges are fraud and arson.

---

Now the question - Is this a hate crime?

Why is it that the NAACP campaigned against the accusation of <A HREF="http://www.shj.com/smith/trial/smith22.html">Susan Smith, who murdered her two young children and blamed a phantom black man</A>, using this horrible crime as a shining example of how racism still exists, but are now conspicuously absent? Is it that the black representation is only interested in believing that racism is a one-directional phenomenon?

---

My two cents... Just trying to be careful that I do not present my opinions as facts... which seems to be a trend.

Hate crimes are bogus, altogether. The term "Hate Crime" is an attempt to legislate <U>motive</U> and <U>thought</U> as opposed to action. These crimes are not hate crimes because the very premise of "hate crime" is bunk. If it's illegal to kill someone, the fact that a white did it to a black or a black to a white, or tagging someone's house, or any other form of criminals vs. other-race victims, is immaterial. Illegal is illegal. Legislating thought is a long, pot-hole filled road to travel, and will result in the same place as the short and sweet purity of plain old law.

But since it makes someone feel better about how they support some (other) race, we endure the BS to the bursting point.

2. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

You bastard, your common sense approach has totally undermined my capability to launch a cogent, left-wing counterattack. I will consult with the NAACP and ACLU to verify that I have indeed been subjected to discriminatory mischief, which is clearly the thrust of your post.

Damn it, they wouldn't take my call--turns out they don't help white people.

SM

3. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

But Stevie, surely you are wrong, because if any organization refused to serve or help a man because he is black that would be wrong. So it must be wrong for an organization to not help somebody because of their race, right?

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Well, no FAIR and EQUITABLE organization would, that's true.

SM

5. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I'm confused. Lost. Take it easy on me here fellas.

Why would you think that an organization formed for the sole purpose of fighting discrimation against a particular group of people (the negro in those days) and named themselves National Association for the Advancement of Colored People should be taking up the causes of others so as to be fair and equitable?

Why should they be saying anything about this theiving couple?
    Their crime has nothing to do with race. It has to do with an insurance scam.

I'm not sure what you would want them to do.... come out and state that it's wrong and hurtful to their cause to use discrimination to cover your crimes? I believe they have said that in the past.

6. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

The reason people have brought this up is because the NAACP has taken action many times in cases very similar to this one, but with the races reversed.

This couple clearly attempted to use racial tension to cash in on a fraudulent insurance claim. Susan Smith made up a fake criminal, and JUST BECAUSE SHE CHOSE TO MAKE HIM BLACK, she was labeled a racist by the NAACP.

The NAACP clearly is not interested in fair and equal treatment for all people. I wonder what would happen if somebody formed the NAAWP?

7. cdw

Alot of people would join and it would be controversial. Personally, I think someone should. And then that group could very vocally put out the objections we have to reverse discrimination.

As for Susan Smith, that sicko, the link didn't say anything about the NAACP, so I don't know what they said.
    Again, the NAACP, as far as I know, do not promote using white people or the race card to cover your crimes. I don't see why anyone would expect a black organization to come out and try to protect white people. It's not the purpose of their organization.

I'm not saying the NAACP is a wonderful great organization.
    I just don't understand why anyone would expect them to say anything. I can understand them having an objection to Susan Smith and that other guy from Boston that killed his pregnant wife saying the "black guy did it" and trying to make out there's a boogey man, as there is an objection to these people trying to use the wicked white man. I don't think it necessarily makes any of them any more racist than the next person...just another dirtbag trying to cover their tracks.

8. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

We did not expect them to support them. We were using sarcasm to highlight our belief that the NAACP and hate laws make race an issue when it is not.

9. cdw

lol...see? I told you I was confused!