1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCR Help

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, Jan 25, 2003.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yes yes... I am in a bind here.

I can't get this #@#@ thing to work and I THINK I am doing everything correct.

I have one wire, which has 3 splits at the end. One yellow, red, and white. On the back of the VCR, I've tried both input and output slots, and same on tv. There's no cable, no DVD, nada, all I want to do is play old VHS VCR tapes on this Sony Trinitron (27") and I can't get this bloody thing to work.

Do I need TWO cables for this?

2. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Out from VCR, in to TV - in most areas the TV has to be tuned to channel 3 (you usually have a choice between 3 or 4; there may also be a switch on the back of the VCR). Another thing to check is the TV/VCR button. Without knowing your setup personally, these would be the most common errors...

3. ethics

Ok... so output on the VCR and input to TV... The channel is on 3. Let me check again.

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

My VCR uses a coax cable that connects into the back of the Sony. Don't need the RCA plugs.

5. ethics

Dawn,

I am an idiot. Been working on this for 2 hours and never checked the VCR switch on the remote (the video1, etc...)... How friggin sad.

With all of the help I received in this forum prior, I said to myself, "Why not" and glad I did.

Thank you very much. :)

6. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

You're welcome, darling - I'm just glad it was something simple that didn't require real troubleshooting!! ;)

7. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

so did you get the DVD to work too?????

I got a new DVD for Xmas...(Sandy's idea of fun is watchin me try to figure out the wiring I guess)...and it took quite a while to get them all to work, correctly. And have the surround sound feed correctly into the stero system too.

8. ethics

Didn't bother with DVD yet. I have the main living room set all hooked up though, DVD, 5.1 sound system, real nice and loud. :)

9. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

VCR?! Those still exist? I thought everyone used TiVos nowadays...

10. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

I have found that The Matrix is excellent for testing the surround sound....heheheheh

11. ethics

Ultimate TV satellite, DVD, Surround Sound with a defeaning receiver. That's the main room.

Bedrooms are a bit more lessened, and this specific tv will only need to show VHS's. I have received the Sharpe series from a friend and they are all VHS tapes so wanted to see them. :)