1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugly's plan to rule the world ..

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Ugly, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Ugly

Ugly Fish is Brain Food

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

What a WONDERFUL story!!!

3. martissimo

martissimo Veteran Member

hahah sounds like those "Magellannic" penguins are determined to live up to their namesake in terms of time spent at sea...

either that, or Ugly has a plan to infiltrate the world with 6 Richard Simmons exercise gurus at once rofl

4. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

You know, on that MTv show, Cribs, they had Mr. Las Vegas - Wayne Newton - on, and they showed his 'crib', which in actuality is the biggest Mansion with a huge ZOO all around the property, many animals roaming about freely, and he's even got PENGUINS.

If you had seen them - they were like little kids, all clamoring to get some attention from Wayne and his wife. They were so cute, and so SOCIAL! I want one now :(

5. Advocat

Advocat Viral Memes a Speciality Staff Member

They're obviously in training for the big breakout! :nut:

6. martissimo

martissimo Veteran Member

heh, a BBC story about this, hints that the bizarre behavior should probably end soon... why you ask? well why would you think! ;)

<I>Ms Tollini thinks there may be a return to the old routine next month, when the onset of the breeding season may lure the birds back to their burrows.
    </I>

lol

<A HREF="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2668401.stm">had to edit and HTML link the article since the message board wouldnt linkify it automatically</A>

7. ethics

8. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

I wonder if the change in geography of the 6 new birds somehow triggered the migration urge and that is why they're swimming all day long.

9. ethics

Could be, but why did the others join them?

10. EMIG

EMIG Yup

I gotsa go see 'em before they stop! (I once almost ran over a penguin on a motorcycle, but that's another story...)

11. Ugly

Ugly Fish is Brain Food

You did WHAT?

G_d man, how? :friggin:

12. EMIG

EMIG Yup

They're common in Uruguay in winter. I happened to be riding a dirt bike with a friend on the beach. We thought it was a rock. Fortunately, it got up and dashed into the water when we got close.

13. Ugly

Ugly Fish is Brain Food

Uh good. Thanks for the details. Likely a dim bird.
    Ugly

14. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

Excellent!!

Well, everyone was focused on Iraq and the US, when the real threat to civilization was really here. I guess the civilized world might as well surrender now. :)