1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Step security now available

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Biker, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

With the installation of XF 1.5, two factor authentication is now possible with your account logins.

For a detailed explaination on how it works, check out the first post in this thread: XF 1.5 - Two-Step Verification and Security Improvements | XenForo Community

A word of caution. If you enable this and something goes wrong (you lose the phone, email gets hacked, etc.) I can't undo it as an Admin. Once you set it, only you can undo it.

SixofNine likes this.
  2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Since I have a new phone that supports this, I've been playing around with it this morning, and it works pretty good.

I decided to use Authy over Google's authentication app based on Authy's ability to revoke the token in the event your phone is lost/stolen. Google doesn't provide this ability, which IMO, is a pretty serious design flaw.

If you do set this up, I HIGHLY encourage you to copy the backup codes that are presented to you and save them to a safe place on your computer. Again, if you set this up and lock yourself out for any reason, I cannot undo it.

3. Greg

Greg Full Member

I'm sorry, but I just have to laugh at the thought that anybody would want to log in to MY account! [​IMG]