1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twilight of the neo-conservatives

Discussion in '2016 Election' started by Allene, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Allene

Allene Registered User

A thought-provoking analysis of today's GOP establishment.

Twilight of the neoconservatives: is their 20-year reign over the GOP coming to an end?

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

The embodiment of GOP for me hit an eclipse last night. When Cruz accused Trump of violence of the protestors as to why his rally was shut down.

That rally, from the eyes of a Trump supporter here: What really happened at the Chicago rally - My Firsthand Account • /r/The_Donald

The "BLM" crashing Trump rally:

So yeah, if you ask whether GOP's establishment (which includes everyone's favorite doll in this forum Megyn) is done or has shown it's colors, my answer is a resounding yes. The evidence was when people kept voting for GOP in to Congress, and Gamma males like Boehner sided with Obama more than anything. The rest is history.

I am not a Trump supporter, I think he's an idiot. But I will take Sanders over the shit that GOP has been churning out. If little else, wake the Americans fuck up.

3. Allene

Allene Registered User

Thanks for the link, Leon. I saw the headline re Cruz's comments, but didn't read the article. BTW, I don't follow Megyn. ;)
    I agree with your comments on the GOP establishment. The chickens have been coming home to roost for quite a while now. I hope nobody gets assassinated before next November.

ethics likes this.
  4. Arc

Arc Full Member

I'm amazed, well actually on second thought, not, that the media hasn't picked up on something very important and blatant. The issue is the MS GOP folks are against Trump because they perceive him as damaging the GOP and a threat to the GOP. They are trying everything they can think of to cast him in a negative light and to prevent his nomination. The idea is if he gets the GOP nomination then the GOP is irreparably damaged, perhaps even as we know it, destroyed.

But wait---shouldn't the GOP's campaign against Trump be because his nomination for and or winning the presidency is really bad for the country? That's why the GOP mainstream official and higher up members should be against Trump if you believe their criticisms of Trump. Isn't this about the country and not about a special interest political group? Why isn't the GOP attacking Trump head-on in that matter with whatever ammo they can produce?

By the way, if a similar thing was happening in the DNC they too would be acting like the GOP and making it all about the party and not the country.

This all is just the latest and more obvious examples of what the DNC and GOP are about. Everything is about them. Period. All they care about is getting and holding on to as much power as possible. If it helps the country along the way, well OK. If it hurts the country it's simply the old you have to breaks some eggs to make an omelet type thinking.

Power to the people? Never! It's all about "the political party" and loyalty to it and to hell with everything and anything else.

Allene, ShinyTop and ethics like this.
  5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Nailed it.

Allene likes this.
  6. Allene

Allene Registered User

What Leon said!