1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SWTOR] Trying this game again

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Nov 29, 2015.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Looks like The Ebon Hawk is the server. I'm Republic-only at the moment, but it sounds like you can choose either side.

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm on Empire mostly but have a few on Republic as well.. They removed the one-faction rule years ago I believe after the first server merges.
    Hit me up on buddy lists if you like.

Empire
    (-Current Main-) Stilgaardius - lvl 44 Sith Inquisitor/Assassin
    StilgaarFet - lvl 7 Bounty Hunter
    Stilgaardam - lvl 17 Sniper

Republic
    (My next fun-ish character I play) - Steelgaard - lvl 18 Commando
    Stilgaard - lvl 4 Smuggler

Btw, my Legacy name is 'Krebstar', if you know what that's from without having to google, you have as much misspent youth as me :p

3. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Ok sounds good. I will probably make a sith character. Might try to get on tonight but have to get part of my homework done before i game. I try to be a good student :)

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I'm finishing up the install. I have no idea what server I'm on, but will figure all that out once the install finishes.

5. Biker

OK. On The Ebon Hawk as well. Sith Inquistor - Drezbek

6. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Sith Warrior named Cielie

Legacy name is Darkwynds

7. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just a heads up, double XP bonus from today until January.

Does not stack with cartel XP boost tokens or rest area xp but who cares..

Good time to get leveled up!

8. Biker

Pffft! Gimme double credits instead! :yellowlaugh:

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The money faucet is in Slicing.

10. Biker

I know. I've been playing less than a week and I've already amassed over 900K credits.

I want more. :D

11. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Will get a few classes I wanted up there.

12. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I'll start an empire toon during the holiday special.

13. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Spoiler alert:

Chapter 3 of your class story is Loooooooong as hell.... I *just* finished it at lvl 58 after planet hopping the last few nights and most of the day today.

The Sith Inquisitor storyline ended up with me getting a Darth title (Darth Nox) and a seat on the Dark Council.

There are at least 6 more chapters currently.

I was only doing storyline (purple quest icons) and Class quests on planets, skipping side quests and still had a ton of stuff to do and actually still haven't finished up a couple of planet-related story lines on at least 3 planets.

Onward to Chapter 4.

I really like how the legacy system gives buffs and treats to other characters on your legacy too, your helpers also give a legacy buff when you complete all story/conversations with them as well and they all appear to stack across all characters.

Really gives you the incentive to run more than just one character.

14. Biker

Yeah, I finally stopped picking up the side quests and am concentrating solely on Story/Class icons. I'm still working Chapter 3 in addition to the Class quests. As soon as I'm done with the current Class flashpoint (I'm really starting to hate these! LOL), I'm going back to concentrating on the storyline.

15. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I should probably mention that since Sith is 100% Darkside, that may have had a hand in me getting the Darth name and Dark Council seat.

I do remember that different choices awarded different rewards originally, (Especially considering one of the people I didn't kill in the storyline when I had a chance was instrumental in that decision to award that to me)
    I wonder what a 100% goodie-two-shoes Sith gets

16. ethics

I haven't flirted so much since my early twenties. I am such a dog.

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I Started Sith Warrior this morning, already have him a quest away from completing the storyline on Dromund Kass and getting a ship, and almost lvl 20, and that was with just doing the Class quests..

He's a lot of fun to play too, I can get used to dual wielding a lightsaber in each hand. I seem to remember starting a Jedi Warrior years ago, I must have deleted him in the first server consolidations.

18. ethics

Sith Warriors -- then Marauders are freaking killing machines. That's the one I started on the other server. Unfortunately, I chose the light side and started a Republic Jedi Knight yesterday. He's 40 today.

I am wondering if I should bother with the sides ... I've been doing heroics and story line and I think I am able to do the heroics because I did the other stuff. Then again, the levels are throttled so, who knows.

Next project is my Sith Mar but not sure if I can get to him before the double exp. Going to drive to FL to visit parents for few days.

19. ethics

Srok (term in Russian) is my Empire SW. Feel free to add him.

20. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My new Warrior is named Ta'TaToothy